🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I'm looking to round out my arsenal a little bit. Was looking for something that might give me a little better performance at my iron infested sites. Was about to purchase brand X(you know the one) when I came across some videos and reviews for the teknetics t2. This thing seems lightening fast. The recovery in the iron tests where amazing to say the least. Now a lot of reviews stated it's very chattery and prone to EMI but the latest model supposedly fixed that? I feel a single frequency machine is a good option to have anyway. Anyone have any opinions on this machine in iron, thanks Mike

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had the new F75 LTD since late fall. Great machine very good in iron especially in the new FA mode with the 5 inch coil. I know you asked about the T2 but they are really apples and apples in my opinion.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the Fisher F75 SE and the T2 SE are the same. The T2 SE is awesome and fast... great choice... The new DST versions are very quiet. You cant go wrong... These things are deeeeep to.
Gary from Oregon

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can run mine chatty or quiet. Most complaining haven't spent enough time to learn how to run them properly. I use the nel sharpshooter pretty much always. In heavy iron run it in 2tone disc at 10 and sens up to chatty then back it down a little.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Every thing in my signiture was found with my T2 SE. Really good in the woods, or any kind of place fir the matter.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like I might be getting a T2

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
The only problem is it is slightly chattery in high sensitivity and discrimination in boost mode.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not too worried about disc as I run wide open, sens I can always play with. Depth isn't a concern as most my goods are 7-8 inches or less. I was just wondering how fast she is in the iron. Thanks for all the replies so far, Mike

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep - I agree she's a good one in iron, as is the F75 LTD. Just be sure to get an upgraded version - the older ones are very chattery.

Msdigger22

Jan 4, 2014
hazelhurst Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Xp deus ,minelab safari, whites mx5, fisher f70 ,Garrett at pro, ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the xp deus this is what I found the first day in a area that my buddy used his t2 at
a5a315a20e6ea03453ccc28398e7a499.jpg
aa171a0cf697cad7d403a8051a571e5c.jpg
6602d3ddc6fe96414aafcc6dbf982755.jpg
bdb5dbe60a610d431ce2855190f6454b.jpg

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds but I'm sure the T2 would have found them if the coils was over them. Everyone misses stuf. I've hunted places hard and went back with the same detector and found more. I'm sure you do too with the dues.

Msdigger22

Jan 4, 2014
hazelhurst Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds but I'm sure the T2 would have found them if the coils was over them. Everyone misses stuf. I've hunted places hard and went back with the same detector and found more. I'm sure you do too with the dues.
It may have but we gridded the area pretty good and every metal detector I've had has missed these they were all in about a 30 by 30 area or so

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It may have but we gridded the area pretty good and every metal detector I've had has missed these they were all in about a 30 by 30 area or so

Have you tried the Safari with the 8 inch Minelab coil? Mine says FBS800, but they seem to call it something else now, no idea why, it seems to work really good with that one for me

Msdigger22

Jan 4, 2014
hazelhurst Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tried the Safari with the 8 inch Minelab coil? Mine says FBS800, but they seem to call it something else now, no idea why, it seems to work really good with that one for me
The safari is great in cleaner areas and when u want to find the deep targets I've owned on for a year and half now but where I found these coins all it would do is null out that's why I was impressed by the deus so much is how clean the tones was

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Every metal detector you've had wouldn't include the T2 if it were your buddies. All I'm getting at is I don't believe a skilled user of a T2 would miss big pieces of silver with a detector that they have been using and are used to. Because in your other post you show the same pictures as your maiden voyage. If that was maiden voyage and you are spanking someone how really knows their detector that's awsome, but if your spanking someone how doesn't know what they are doing it doesn't matter if they are using a ctx 3030. That's what I see as a flaw in post about one detector finding find targets one missed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread