Want to Complain ? Diggers is on NGEO

whitjake

Oct 12, 2013
Warren, Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold bug 2, fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that I would take these 2 dudes over the BOOM BABY guy..... I like both concepts of each show but the characters are off putting. There are 2 youtube stars in the MD world I would love to see have a TV show. They are both good. One is the Ever Popular Deep Digger Dan. I love that guy. NuggetNoggin is pretty good as well. DDD is giving me the passion to look at WW2 Germany and other areas. Nugget is giving me the passion to search the woods and rivers.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
an alternative view

I've said it before that those guys are EXACTLY the same as they were on their anaconda treasure vids well before the show.They are showmen who detect.They are capable detectorists who have found a way to make a living doing what they love.I applaud them.I dont think there is a moron in the world dumb enough to think they represent anyone but themselves.They do no harm to the hobby.

Ask yourself this...would you prefer that two completely respectable,normal low to middle income guys show the world that everyone can make a ton of money,maybe quit their job,and have the time of their lives doing it?You would have more detectorists than you have ever imagined causing emergency city council meetings to enact anti detecting laws.

It is simply entertainment..no more no less and at least not,"boom baby"moron who actually DID damage to the hobby,especially amoung potential private owner permissions.Diggers guys have prolly HELPED in that reguard.Who wouldnt want to have them entertain you while you sit in a beach chair,pound coronas and laugh.PLUS they give their stuff away.

I say...take a chill pill,pound a few of your favorite beverages,get over what machines the choose(yes choose...always were garrett guys)to swing and enjoy a good chuckle.The lingo cracks me up.colone in the poc...cant make that up.You are in no way being represented by them in any way and their antics ensure that to be true.

Its not"how can you watch?"its more like"why the heck not?"I didnt think foster brooks or dean martin were always drunk.I never considered magnum p.i.to represent private investigators and I sure as heck feel no threat from a couple guys who have figured out how to do what nearly everyone of us hasnt.Make a fine living from a hobby we truly love.

all good gang...:happy1:...:occasion14:

Well, I agree, the guys are getting ahead in life acting like idiots for the camera, but how is that representing our hobby?
I could do that too, but then again, I have to live with myself! People not in our hobby are watching the show and forming an opinion about us, and it's not pretty!
Jest my reasoning. Frank hand print_edited-2.jpg

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EXACTLY Frank!!:thumbsup:
Well, I agree, the guys are getting ahead in life acting like idiots for the camera, but how is that representing our hobby?
I could do that too, but then again, I have to live with myself! People not in our hobby are watching the show and forming an opinion about us, and it's not pretty!
Jest my reasoning. Frank View attachment 1165348

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Boom Baby could out rassle them with his hands tied behind his back.[/QUOTE

problem is you would have to break bot arms before you could even get them around to his back..:laughing7:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with FRANKN you know there are people out there watching these show's thinking we are ALL like that! Maybe a disclaimer, that this is not "normal" behavior for average detectoist....please.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
its kinda like sayin folks think honey boo boo represents beauty pagent contestants.I think folks have mostly seen a detectorist,"in the wild"and really do know better.The average person knows reality tv isnt reality,weathermen can be wrong,etc.
I have friends who watch the show and dont detect,we have talked,they know its to make it fun to watch.

The worst show on tv I can think of would be to film me detecting.trash in the poc.totally boring to anyone but me.

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sat and watched 3 episodes of those 2 idiots jumping up and down and rolling around on the ground. I wonder if most people watch it to see the "cool stuff" they dig, or to just see how stupid they act when they dig something. Either way, I think it's not a good thing for our hobby / addiction.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ooops I'm Missing it

Diggers is on again this Afternoon.

Just clicked on & Ringy was Acting like he just found Jimmy Hoffas body.

Must be time for a commercial :laughing7:

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mother saw that show, and asked me if that is what I did. I told her yes and no. I swing a detector but I find way more bottle caps, pull tabs, and clad than the old coins those monkeys find... Oh, and I don't scream JUICE! at the top of my lungs every time I find something. Most of us are much more dignified.

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe
an alternative view

I've said it before that those guys are EXACTLY the same as they were on their anaconda treasure vids well before the show.They are showmen who detect.They are capable detectorists who have found a way to make a living doing what they love.I applaud them.I dont think there is a moron in the world dumb enough to think they represent anyone but themselves.They do no harm to the hobby.

Ask yourself this...would you prefer that two completely respectable,normal low to middle income guys show the world that everyone can make a ton of money,maybe quit their job,and have the time of their lives doing it?You would have more detectorists than you have ever imagined causing emergency city council meetings to enact anti detecting laws.

It is simply entertainment..no more no less and at least not,"boom baby"moron who actually DID damage to the hobby,especially amoung potential private owner permissions.Diggers guys have prolly HELPED in that reguard.Who wouldnt want to have them entertain you while you sit in a beach chair,pound coronas and laugh.PLUS they give their stuff away.

I say...take a chill pill,pound a few of your favorite beverages,get over what machines the choose(yes choose...always were garrett guys)to swing and enjoy a good chuckle.The lingo cracks me up.colone in the poc...cant make that up.You are in no way being represented by them in any way and their antics ensure that to be true.

Its not"how can you watch?"its more like"why the heck not?"I didnt think foster brooks or dean martin were always drunk.I never considered magnum p.i.to represent private investigators and I sure as heck feel no threat from a couple guys who have figured out how to do what nearly everyone of us hasnt.Make a fine living from a hobby we truly love.

all good gang...:happy1:...:occasion14:

Man Bigfoot.. You sure know how to put a downer on a perfectly good btchen and complaining thread!:laughing7:
But very well said!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting