In the Treasure Corner - Metal Detecting and Celebrities

Dan Hughes

Aug 26, 2008
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Several

Meeting actress Kathy Garver made me wonder if any celebrities were into treasure hunting.

Kathy, who played big sister Cissy on the TV show Family Affair (with Brian Keith and Sebastian Cabot, and two twins named Buffy and Jody - remember?), asked my advice on what detector would be good for a beginner. She sounded eager to get into the hobby!

So maybe we can convince her to join our ranks, and get her hands good and dirty on days when she's not on the soundstage.

This week's episode of In the Treasure Corner abounds with show biz glitz! So sit back and enjoy.

It's at In the Corner with Dan Hughes.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that the former (original) bassist for the Rolling Stones Bill Wyman is a metal detecting enthusiast- who has a signature
line of detectors - I can't think of any others at the moment .

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the meteorologist on the weather channel was into MD'ing.
Takes a special soul.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I admit I am old enough to remember sissy

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There was a picture up on one of the relic forums years ago, of Hank William Jr. with somebody else after they were detecting, I think he also collected Colt pistols if my memory serves me right, but this was 35 yrs ago. :)

OP
OP
Dan Hughes

Dan Hughes

Aug 26, 2008
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Several
There was a picture up on one of the relic forums years ago, of Hank William Jr. with somebody else after they were detecting, I think he also collected Colt pistols if my memory serves me right, but this was 35 yrs ago. :)

Thanks for the info! I mention in the show that I had heard Hank was into the hobby mainly because he had a daughter who was an avid treasure hunter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread