Only thing today was the Police

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all republics have constitutions

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are a constitutional republic not a democratic republic, there is a major difference between them that we can't discuss in this forum but can in our politics forum...

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That strip between sidewalk and street is a slippery slope in many cases. Words, threats and enforceable laws are blurred and seldom challenged. One spring while living in Constantine MI. I noticed the huge maple in this area was 90% dead. A huge part of the tree was hanging / leaning over my 1800's 2 story home. I went to the village office and asked them to remove the tree please. They said "we'll look at it". Nothing happened for a month. I went back and they said "no time soon maybe in the fall". I sent a certified letter to the village manager (he received) putting in writing my concern along with a pic. No response. So I didn't rake, mow or keep this long strip groomed at all for weeks. That got there attention! They threatened me with all kinds of things and gave me 3 days to "clean up". I told them "no time soon maybe in the fall.... when the tree comes down". So I told the neighbors why and contacted the home insurance company. Told them all to complain and they did. Some neighbors already had and I was thankful. 2 more weeks passed. I went back up Tues. and gave them 3 days to remove tree or I would and throw in the strip area. They said "I couldn't". I said "It's easy & wouldn't take but the upcoming weekend to complete (I meant it). I came home Fri. evening and the tree was gone and the entire area looked GREAT.

While I don't/didn't mean to be a butt I was threatened/shown all kinds of laws and statues concerning this strip. This included tickets/fines, court appearances and property tax increase/bill for them to mow it. None of which happened. I guess it's a catch 22 when somebody else "owns" something and YOU have to maintain it. I guess it's all about power (do as your told) and who has it. Pick your battles.

I'd MD in this area in a heartbeat unless this area was custom landscaped by the homeowner. In fact I'll be doing this in an old small town next week called Otsego in MI.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread