Hookah advice- do it once

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking to buy a hookah. I know little about which one will stand up ,or is easy to work on,etc. I'm a advance diver ,but never used hookahs. Want a nice machine for under $2,000!! Hookah max looks well built and has air tanks. Only want to do this once and right. Might want to use with dry-suit later on with this rig. Thinking on a hookah max for price and it has side air tanks. Work mostly under 50 ft. searching, and fill maybe small air bags. Likes ,dislikes . Thanks for any help. Frankie

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've done hookahs on and off for the last 30 years. The best ones are the kind you make yourself, but that's my opinion. I think Brownies are crap. I am also of the opinion that hookah is only good (meaning safe) if you have the unit on a boat. The innertube or sponson-type versions only last until the first wave flips them over.

There are some decent YouTube vids of homemade hookahs.

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I have a kayak that I'll put it in. Use a rope set up with a round weight to slow me down. Your right about making a hookah. I kind of don't trust myself making one at the moment. Maybe after I watch a video. I watched some video's and heard people say that this is the last time making a hookah. I guess they used s/steel and thought of everything,etc I see they came out with new motors for Brownies. Easier starting OK ????? What do you like for a good motor for the salt water. I'll watch some more video's. Computer age. Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread