Quickie legend / Story #2 - The finding of treasure on Deleware beach...

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People still hunt there, it is still a known spot for the mostly copper coins. Since the ship was in the surf line it is likely that there would be no remains of the hull left today.

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to camp at the campground at Indian River Inlet in the 60's , the beaches had the old cement bunkers or whatever from the military. Never found any of those coins but had the best times fishing, crabbing, and claming. It all built up now

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When we lived back east, we used to go all the way down Route 1 and stop and every single beach we could get to - we always spent a couple of days at Delaware Beach and Rehobeth. Had lots of fun and some good returns!

Mrs.O

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
In 1955 the author was using a waterproof metal detector, probably a mine sweeper.
In 2015 you loyally and happily pay thousands of dollars for garbage that is underbuilt and isn't even water resistant.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting