Posting this here aswell as in general.....looking for vast input.

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
spez401 said:
steve71

scroll up and read what i posted on may 14. Cops have a good faith exemption to being sued. You can't sue them for harrassment unless it is repeated, habitual conduct (by the same officer). As long as they reasonably believe that they are doing their job, you can't sue them. Hiring a lawyer to do so is literally throwing good money after bad.

Like I said... you'd have to find a whole bunch of really, really nice coins to justify my fee for defending a harrasment case against an officer who appears to be doing his job (or suing the police department)
i'm sure your right but they can arrest you for walking on public property?we pay taxes.i'm sure the digging up public property would come into play.i'm sure they have more important things to do than worry about medal detecting.what a waist of time and money worrying about medal detectors.i dont medal detect.hell no i wouldnt hire a lawyer more important things i could get for my money.

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Our club contacted our local parks & rec dept., since they are the ones that mow and take care of all city property.
So far, we have permission to hunt ALL city property. Hopefully your bridges havn't allready been burned. It sounds like a bad deal. Wish it could have gone better for you.

Tom

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
just very nicely ask for that OK in "writing" from the "freindly" parks manager so that you can show folks its OK---- that way no one will "hassle you" in the future---with that "permission slip" from the freindly city manager your good to go ---plus it might be quite valuible in the future---that way even if the current guy leaves --just keep using it and if theres a "problem" show the "slip" and if they say well things have changed he's not here anymore then go to the new guy and ask him to "renew" your slip --just like it "always" been done ----get that "past practice" stuff working in your favor---and if they change up and say no then you can say well I used to be able to do it --what changed ? and why can't I do it now? ---so think ahead and outwit them at their own game----Ivan

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Didn't anyone here see First Blood? The question you have to ask yourself is "What would John Rambo do?". Next time you go out call the police on yourself and just tell them you are trying to get a bite to eat. My Lesche looks mighty close to a Rambo knife... THEY DREW FIRST BLOOD! NOT YOU! >:(

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
RW said:
Didn't anyone here see First Blood? The question you have to ask yourself is "What would John Rambo do?". Next time you go out call the police on yourself and just tell them you are trying to get a bite to eat. My Lesche looks mighty close to a Rambo knife... THEY DREW FIRST BLOOD! NOT YOU! >:(
reminds me when i was a kid.we had nothing to do so we called the police on ourselfs.then would go to the end of the street wait and little time later brite lights its the sheriff .wait till they got close and run in the brush.board ass kids.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
steve71 said:
RW said:
reminds me when i was a kid.we had nothing to do so we called the police on ourselfs.then would go to the end of the street wait and little time later brite lights its the sheriff .wait till they got close and run in the brush.board ass kids.
We did the same thing as kids. Maybe throw water balloons... but when you are a kid there is no way you can be caught. Try it now and see what happens! That is how you know you are getting old. ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread