metal detector info.

butterfly

Tenderfoot
May 9, 2007
I found a whites metal detector a couple of weeks ago in my celler. My husband brought it to a friend to fix it,so i would have it for today(mothers day) A couple of days ago he came home and told me the mother board was fried.So now he's going to buy one for me today but the only place we can find is about a hour away and the only kind they carry are bounty hunters. I live in Oswego ny can anyone tell me of somewheres closer?Also is the bounty hunter detectors any good (bounty hunter IV)
ty butterfly

p.s. to all you mothers out there HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

THing4CSA

Aug 20, 2006
Leesburg, VA
Detector(s) used
I use an XP-Deus and have a Whites DFX as a back-up/loaner detector.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Butterfly
Depending on which Whites detector you have you may be better off buying a new one. I have sent my older (Not Whites) to East Texas Detectors for repair as they have a good website and say they can repair any detector out there. You may want to contact Whites directly to see if they will sell you the board you need. My guess is they will say to take it to your local dealer or ship it to Whites for a factory repair. I don't know their charges but know they have a good product. I have four Whites detectors and would not change to any other brand. If you do a google search try East Texas metal detectors. Best of luck; I hope to see pictures of your finds in the near future. If you decide that your detector is not worth repairing put in on E-Bay as a 'for repair or parts only' better to get something for it than trashing it.
Dave
'Digger-Dave'
THing4CSA
PS: Remember; Don't leave it in the ground!

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Don't know about the tracker IV but I use a bounty hunter time ranger & like it well enough . If you check the metal detector reviews forum you should be able to get an idea what people think of the IV .

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
If you put the detector on Ebay, you will probably get more money if you "Part it Out." Strip it down and sell the parts that might get broken or bent on a detector. Don't sell the whole thing to someone who just needs the bottom of the shaft.

When you know what you want, I would recommend you contact Tony in CT. He posts on the forum and there was a recent thread about his service and prices. Might want to take a look. He can ship it overnight to you.

My 2 cents.

Daryl

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
contact tonyinct or call kellyco look at kellyco and tony website,dont waste your time on a bounty hunter,if you want to enjoy detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread