Made some displays...

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up a few shadow boxes from Superstore and made some musketball displays. I used some styrofoam and carved out the proper forms so the balls are recessed. I then covered it with green felt and pressed the balls into place. I thought it came out pretty good. I am giving the four bullet display to my father in law for his birthday today. He is always very excited to see my finds and is as enthusiastic about ballistic lead as I am.

Attachments

• Displays.JPG
    Displays.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 260

coinseeker

Apr 26, 2007
Montana
Detector(s) used
dfx
romeo-1 said:
I picked up a few shadow boxes from Superstore and made some musketball displays. I used some styrofoam and carved out the proper forms so the balls are recessed. I then covered it with green felt and pressed the balls into place. I thought it came out pretty good. I am giving the four bullet display to my father in law for his birthday today. He is always very excited to see my finds and is as enthusiastic about ballistic lead as I am.
looks very good- and a nice gift for your father-in-law....

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Those look really good!

Glad you posted *how* you did it, will have to keep that in mind if/when I find somethin' worth the display.

HH
Nan

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Hey,roswellborn,you should make a 3D display for those thingys you play music with your nose with.You could get one of those costume noses for the center and put your thingys(nose flutes?) around it!

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
They look great. Nice job. I am sure the 4 bullet display will be well received and appreciated. Nice gift.

Thanks for posting the methods used in making the shadow boxes. Will definitely store that info away for futrue reference.

;D

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are simply beautiful cases, I know your FIL will be impressed with his gift. Thanks for the technique...I will sure to use that method next time I do a shadow box display up.

;) RR

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
nice job and thanks for the post. I would like to make something like that for the buttons that I have been finding.

Funkman

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One step I forgot to mention: To keep the felt from puckering when pressing the balls into place cut small cross slits in the felt where you will be placing the musket or minie ball.

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Nice displays.

Nice of you to think of her dad.

Nice nice nice...makes the world a better place to live.

Burt

zlathim

Mar 8, 2007
Boise, ID
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Nice displays! I really like the green background.

Kissing the FIL's butt will no doubt bring positive returns too! JK!

Thanks for posting the pictures and HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions