Found: My son borrowed my Cibola, never told me and.....

OP
OP
G

GrantWA

Feb 27, 2005
Agggghhhhh.. the pun monsters are out.. I figure it was more likely a DUI :P

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
See if they can ship your detector to Hawaii instead of your house. Better chance of them getting it fixed and in the priority mail system so you can have it while you are there.

Daryl

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my friends drunk father wrecked the Volkswagen he was restoring, bad thing is he wrecked it in the garage.......at about 25 mph, and totaled the other car parked in the garage.

Can't live with them, can't live without them........good ole dad!!!!

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Im betting that you get it back good as new from Tesoro in time for your trip and it doesnt cost you a dime. That is what lifetime replacement warranty from a highly reputable company is all about...Shoot

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ya but lifetime replacement for defects doesn't allow for out and out abuse---- dropping it in the river and then MELTING IT to boot? thats a bit much to ask of any company---they gotta drawn the line somewhere. Ivan

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
GrantWA said:
>:(
He took it camping at a swimming hole... then fell in the river with it.. He then decided to dry it out by the fire.. about the time the control head cover was bubbling he figured out he had it too close to the fire..........$#@**&*%&%$&^^(&*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just great, threshold no longer works, and I am leaving for Hawaii on the 31st... Hope I can cry on Tesoro's shoulder, gonna Priority mail it tomorrow.........

Maybe your son can get a job as a field tester in Tesoro's R&D. ;) That way he can replace the screw up with the latest models.

Good luck and hope to hear you've got one back in time for the trip.

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
GrantWA said:
Why did I ever decide to have kids?

???

To love you in your old age when you smell funny and lose control of your bodily functions. To comfort mom when you're departed. Small price to pay for a Cibola.
Hug him, tell him you love him. :)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
taking care of old pop and mom is only fair---after all they "loved" you and took care of you when you "smelled funny" and had no "control of bodily functions" and dad had to comfort mom at then end of the day --from "dealing" with you and when you left home to go on with "your" life and often forgot to call the the folks that "raised" you for many years----love is a two way street----be kind to your kids because either they will take care of you lovingly or THEY WILL "TAKE CARE OF YOU" by deciding which "hell" hole of nursing home you'll wind up in---Ivan

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
GrantWA said:
Why did I ever decide to have kids?

I understand your sorrow for your medal detector....But would you prefer he got drunk and crashed a car? No i bet you wouldnt.....You should look at the positive side of this...No you have an excuse to upgrade! Oh and the reason you decided to have kids......Hmm... Here is a small list
1 Human remote control
2 Free labor
3 personal slave
4 Someone to blame who can not talk back
5 Condom broke.....(hehe)

OP
OP
G

GrantWA

Feb 27, 2005
;D Hey, it's on the way back and it only cost me $66.00 including tax.. can't wait for it to get here, picked up a new set of headphones from Amazon.com and with my new hearing aids I better not miss a signal, weak or not :P

Got the DepthMaster Audiophone II Metal Detector Headphone's at a decent price with no shipping cost so I shouldn't have to worry about the speakers getting damaged by rain :)

I saw two old houses that have had the turf taken out in preparation for some Building, so I am gonna go hit them hot and heavy and see how the Cibola works again :) Been a while.

They sure got it fixed and on the way back to me in a hurry.. Nice folks at Tesoro Electronics.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
you got lucky hope everything works out just fine ---lesson learned. Ivan

xd

Oct 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Actually this made me think. My mom is an insurance agent we have insurance for everything. I go through laptops by and cell phones the dozen it seems. You can get what is called a personal artical policy. It covers watches cell phones i pods. pretty much anything you can carry on yourself. I only have the 100.00 bounty hunter so really does not matter much to me, but you guys might be interested in getting on on those high class yuppie jobbies you have. I think its like 20.00 a year or something. If you have state Farm call your agent. If you have another company just ask about it.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Ask your mom what the premium would be for a policy to cover a metal detector (say $500) that had gone in the river with a drunk kid and melted by the campfire trying to dry it out?

Just think it would be interesting to know. ;D

Daryl

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GrantWA said:
;D Hey, it's on the way back and it only cost me $66.00 including tax.. can't wait for it to get here, picked up a new set of headphones from Amazon.com and with my new hearing aids I better not miss a signal, weak or not :P

Excellent news. Glad it worked out. $66 seems like a deal (I imagine they just put a whole new box and electronics on the shaft).

Now maybe you need a locking metal cabinet in the garage or basement or a Club HD lock in the search coil. :D

xd

Oct 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
BioProfessor said:
Ask your mom what the premium would be for a policy to cover a metal detector (say $500) that had gone in the river with a drunk kid and melted by the campfire trying to dry it out?

Just think it would be interesting to know. ;D

Daryl

You can insure anything all you need is the serial number/model number maybe a receipt to prove value. I don't think they need pictures unless over 5k or something. Next time I call he I'll ask.

OP
OP
G

GrantWA

Feb 27, 2005
Wow! This thing works so good now it scares me.. It must have never of been tuned right, since I am going over an area I have hunted twice before and finding IH's, Mercury Dimes, clad, and Junk, Junque, and more Junky looking things. One of the big drawbacks to digging every signal while testing is the blasted aluminum cans that have been chewed up and spit out by a lawnmower.....arrrgggghhhhh... :o

The high tone modification is great on my Cibola, deepest coin today was a Quarter right at 10 inches. 1966 clad, how the heck did it get down so deep..

Deepest thing was an old gallon jar lid (the kind with wires on it) at 16 inches, but it was exciting when I first saw it..

Cheers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread