Found: My son borrowed my Cibola, never told me and.....

GrantWA

Feb 27, 2005
>:(
He took it camping at a swimming hole... then fell in the river with it.. He then decided to dry it out by the fire.. about the time the control head cover was bubbling he figured out he had it too close to the fire..........$#@**&*%&%$&^^(&*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just great, threshold no longer works, and I am leaving for Hawaii on the 31st... Hope I can cry on Tesoro's shoulder, gonna Priority mail it tomorrow.........

Why did I ever decide to have kids?

???

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
blame on a cool night and a warm woman. ;D Ivan --- he double fried it it---wet then burnt to a crisp-- will take more time and money to fix it than its worth and most likely you will not get it back in time for the 31st--so do the smart thing ---get yourself a new one and give him the "bill"for it ---(let him have the crappy burnt hulk and let him "fix" it if he wants to)-- p.s. make him "work" and pay for your "new" machine (or at the very least give you equal to the value of your old one on e bay)---how else will he learn ever ---to treat both you and "your" things with the proper respect----and no do not let him "work" it off by doing "work" around the house stuff but by doing real work for "others" ---ie non family folks ---you know "real" work---"blood" money---teaches em quick not to screw up dads stuff.---make em pay--- trust me it works--- ;D Ivan

Peak190

Apr 23, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212x,Deleon ,Cibola,Tejon,Cortez,MXT,GTI2500
Ouch! dunk it then burn it.Thats an expensive lesson. Heres one on e-bay 290116394382.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Let's hope they can work miracles. Maybe they'll send you a replacement. Jeeze, the Timex of metal detectors. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking. ;)

OP
OP
G

GrantWA

Feb 27, 2005
Hmm, perhaps I can claim to the wife I need a new one :) lol , maybe there is a reason things happen :P Better go look at the new Tesoro's I think . :-*

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
one of those "look" at what "your" son did moments---milk it man --milk it for all its worth ---how will I ever get it repaired in time for the trip to hawaii? & it'll cost as much as a new one to repair it (plus with a new one --you're protected--with the old one well who knows?) and you still might not get it back in time----- hummm (I wonder if it was really a "accident") is the wife going with you to hawaii? could it be maybe she wants just the two of you--(you and her---and NO MDing machine) ---and thus she took out a contract and had the son "whack" the machine. ;D ---- Ivan

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter
Aww, dont be so hard on him. He could have stole it and hocked it off at a pawn shop or something. least he was doing something constructive.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL i bet your son felt worse than you, good lesson for him.Gotta love um GrantWa.AA ;)

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
One day you'll both laugh about this. Granted that day is probably a long way off yet.

Kids do the darnedest things. Mine are all grown but recently the one who is a cop told me when he was little he used to pour gas across the road where it dipped down to cross the creek and at night when cars came over the hill he would light the gas and hide in the ditch. People would slam on their brakes and scream. It's a GOOD thing for him I never found out!

But on the other hand I still won't tell some of the stuff I did as a kid.

I think Tesoro will do you graciously. They're great people. I've heard of them replacing machines that fell in the lake before.

Badger

diggitdoggie

Sep 26, 2006
Ohio
Sounds unpleasant... :(
Kids all make mistakes, they are kids, it's wired into them. :D
I am sure you will get something together before your trip.
:)
DD

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about a picture ;)

ivan salis said:
one of those "look" at what "your" son did moments---milk it man --milk it for all its worth ---how will I ever get it repaired in time for the trip to hawaii? & it'll cost as much as a new one to repair it (plus with a new one --you're protected--with the old one well who knows?) and you still might not get it back in time----- hummm (I wonder if it was really a "accident") is the wife going with you to hawaii? could it be maybe she wants just the two of you--(you and her---and NO MDing machine) ---and thus she took out a contract and had the son "whack" the machine. ;D ---- Ivan

Hmmm, makes a fellow think doesn't it?

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
GrantWA said:
>:(

Why did I ever decide to have kids?

???

So you can suffer with the rest of us. ;D :D Nahh, my kids never do anything to upset me. ::)

ivan salis said:

:D At first it seemed plausible. But this would have to be the work of true professionals.

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ouch....he sort of sounds like my brother inlaw... he's like that too... ::) good luck in getting a new one..

backitup83

Jan 24, 2006
Chesapeake Virginia
Detector(s) used
(XLT-x 2 ) )(BH Sharp Shooter 2) (Coinmaster 4000/D series2)(Coinmaster 2/DB series 2)(Discovery 2)(Discovery 1000)
If that is the worst thing your son ever does, you will be a lucky man for sure. Time goes by so fast when they are young. You turn around and they are grown and out of the house. Lucky for me I still have one at home, the other has graduated and is working and moved out. Not a day goes by that I feel like the luckest person for having wonderfull look what I did dad,kids. I really and I mean really dread the day my son grows up and moves out on his own.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok....before falling in the river and then setting it on fire
Did he find anything good with it????

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nah its a shame about the detector, but maybe he found something really good and was so excited he fell in the river over it. Got to try to look at the bright side. ;D

OP
OP
G

GrantWA

Feb 27, 2005
Well.. from what I can gather, even if he did find something he wouldn't have known it.. three sheets to the wind if you know what I mean, and yes, he is of legal drinking age :(

I sent it off to Tesoro this morning Priority mail,. and called them to find out if it was possible to get it back.. who knows, it may happen :) In the meantime my brother has a (shudder) White's Prizm lV that I could borrow if I wanted too, but I have no idea what it would do on a salt water beach.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Took my DFX to a salt water beach about 2 days ago. It didn't like it one bit. Should have had the Infinium but it was a 30 minute train ride back. Interesting day.

Daryl

Functional

Feb 16, 2007
Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada
Detector(s) used
A Compass Magnum 420 recently brought back to life. And an untested "in the wild" Teknetics.
GrantWA said:
Well.. from what I can gather, even if he did find something he wouldn't have known it.. three sheets to the wind if you know what I mean, and yes, he is of legal drinking age :(

I sent it off to Tesoro this morning Priority mail,. and called them to find out if it was possible to get it back.. who knows, it may happen :) In the meantime my brother has a (shudder) White's Prizm lV that I could borrow if I wanted too, but I have no idea what it would do on a salt water beach.

Salt water can be tricky.
Is the Prizm insured for water and fire damage?

Just curious. ;)

F.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread