The problem with Felines

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
So I got up at 4:00 this morning to check an area where a new sidewalk will be installed. I had my headphones around my neck so I could hear anyone approching and a sound closeby startled me. Looking up the embankment which had been cut away I saw a small calico cat checking me out, and trying to get down the embankment. Well when he finally did get down my detecting day was over. He cound not help rubbing his face on all my body parts (including my butt which while I was digging which made me jump a mile)and all of my equipment. When I tried to dig he would rub againt my digging tool. When I tried to detect he would rub against my detector coil which would go crazy as it picked up the metal in its collar. When I bent down he would jump up onto my legs and rub my face. I had small dirty paw prints all over my pants and shirt.

So I gave up detecting and had some fun with my new playmate before heading home :) :) Wanted to get a pic of the little bugger but there was not enough light for my cell camera yet.

HH

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yep you was being "claimed"--- cats seem to know a "soft touch" when they see one---funny thing---during the great depression-- the old hobo sign that they "left" as a marking for each other that you might bre able to "mooch" a meal at this or that house-- was a smilimg "cat". Ivan

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=ivan salis link=the old hobo sign that they "left" as a marking for each other that you might bre able to "mooch" a meal at this or that house-- was a smilimg "cat". Ivan

Hmm my friend Ivan, you have a personal story to post? heheheh

Don Jose de La Mancha

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
no personal story--- but knowing the fact that there are "old" markings left by others be they hobos or spanish explorers or old native american type treasure "marks" and "signs" and the "codes" used they used can be quite useful as a treasure hunter ---many people "look" at such things but do not "see" them for what they honestly are coded messages ----how many folks "look" but do not "see"? far too many --today many folks often go around "mentally sleep walking" as I call it. ---Ivan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread