Ever have a bad day right off? Mine cost me $125

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well,,, yes I did have a similar day once but I was not metal detecting.
It went like this.

I went to Washington State to see a friend of mine (30 years younger then, he wanted me to "meet" his mom) yea,,,<wink>
Anyway he met me at SEATAC and we hit the road to go to his place in Bremerton. We took the "scenic" route to show me around a bit on the way.
We rounded a rather sharp right hand corner and low n behold,,, a VERY large Washington State Trooper was leaning into the road,,, looking for seatbelt violations.

Needless to say, here in Pa. I never wear one and didn't think of it then either.
Well ay 45 minutes after getting off the plane at SEATAC I was handed a 145 dollar seatbelt fine. I even tried to explain that I was here for 3 weeks on vacation,,, no matter to him,,,
Crap ,,, I didn't even get a sarcastic "Have a good time while you are here" remark.

To be honest though,, ignorance is no excuse,, we ALL know this.
The rest of my time there was simply awesome ,,,I did have some fun with them though,,, I post dated the money order for a year out. HAHAHAHA

Never heard a word back either
Hit

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Earlier this week I purchased used rims n tires in near new condition from a friend who owns a dealership. On way there, a ladder falls off rack and shears passenger mirror off. I secure ladder and throw mirror on seat. I continue on, pick up rims/tires.
They look great. Drive home, get floor jack out and removed first tire. Went to install new one and it didn't fit? Wrong size. Damnit!
By now, it was just after noon, so I opened my first beer of the day. ;)
Just one of them days...
Peace ✌

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes sir, every morning I wake up, roll over and there she still is. Just kidding, love the wife, just couldn't resist the punch line. Ba dump ump.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday morning taking Hubby to morning doctors appointment.
I have a messed up right ankle and moderate arthritis in both knees (there's a lot more but, just these parts were involved) :laughing7: I use a cane if I have to walk far ( but not when detecting, go figure!). :icon_scratch:
Going down the hallway one of the four feet on the cane came down on the toe of my shoe, so with my next step my right foot didn't come forward with the rest of me....yep, ended up doing a close-up inspection of the hall carpet, witnessed by a gray haired doctor and 2 nurses, who then proceeded to help me up, asking if I was hurt. Told them "No, just my pride". :tongue3:
Must have been real entertaining for hubby, he didn't laugh...giggled a little tho. :laughing7:
A little stiff this morning but I'm going detecting Sunday morning!!! :headbang:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First land hunt of last year about 5 minutes in my coil ears snapped off, so that ended the hunt. Fortunately I could switch to my six inch coil until I bought my replacement coil - a great bargain at only $85. Had a really funny/bad hunt a couple of years ago, when I had to end my hunt because the soles of both shoes started falling off and were totally gone by the time I reached the car.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Couple of years ago in Maryland there was a free fishing day on July 4h, no permit needed. The next day I went down to the dock to retrieve the poles left there night before... I saw a school of big fish, right there next to me... I couldn't resist...sure enough, from across the lake, Maryland game warden was watching, he could not have written that $100 ticket fast enough.:BangHead:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch. some bad stories that make mine look good lol Tried to fix my pinpointer battery contacts but it still wants to jiggle on and off so i'll be looking for a new one :BangHead:

What kind the company might warranty it.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought an old-school Troy-Bilt Super Tomahawk chipper/shredder on Craigslist. I got it cheap, because the engine was a junk Tecumseh snowblower engine. Now, anyone who knows much about these, knows that they are tanks. Built so much better than anything on the market today. I bought a bigger, beefier, 8-horsepower Honda clone (Chonda :laughing7:) from Harbor Freight, but I had to do some modifications. The shaft was much bigger and beefier, so I had to source some new pulleys, and while I waited, I cleaned and prepped the rest of it.

I was sick as a dog last week. Had a bout of food poisoning, and it laid me up for two days. On the third day (this last Friday), I finally got enough strength to get up and get some work done. I finally got the brand new shiny engine ready to put on, and when I picked it up I tripped and fell on top of it, scraping myself up pretty badly and cracking a rib. Here I am sitting in front of my PC complaining because every inhale I get a "tweek" of pain.

The day started off badly, but after the ER visit and xray, I was able to come home and finish the engine install. That chipper is a wicked machine! :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread