Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope but if you post here T-net owns the contents of the post...... Not the treasure though!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can't think of anything that has been posted that could be so harmful to a poster that it might be used in court. Then again if it was a divorce case and the poster's profile was brought into the court proceedings as evidence of too much detecting and neglecting the honey due list.:laughing7:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't think of anything that has been posted that could be so harmful to a poster that it might be used in court.

This I believe may be a true statement.... but .... try posting a finding say of a cache of gold coins worth say $50,000 to $500,000+. Or find some gold coins with 3 of them very rare and see what happens. Post some photos and tell the story.... you'll be banner poster in a heartbeat but I also believe you'll be held accountable for your actions by others and/or govt. agencies. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't believe so.... Brad

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
For something to be legally binding you have to first ask yourself two questions.

Insomuch as thereafter answering said questions, you will only be legally bound to the legal bindings of your post that was presented in a legally bound way without due consideration to the aforementioned two questions, which may, or may not, legally bind you to the results predetermined by your previous query.

So, therefore, you will only be bound to the legalities of your posts if, and only if, you succumb to the principles set forth in the preceding legal interest of pertinent and related postings done either by yourself, or another (within certain jurisdictions) that would include your post pursuant to your acceptance of the previous agreement.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This I believe may be a true statement.... but .... try posting a finding say of a cache of gold coins worth say $50,000 to $500,000+. Or find some gold coins with 3 of them very rare and see what happens. Post some photos and tell the story.... you'll be banner poster in a heartbeat but I also believe you'll be held accountable for your actions by others and/or govt. agencies. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't believe so.... Brad

So it could turn into a case of "knock knock- who's there" Then just owe up and hand over a box of fantasy coins and tell them you just have a bad case of wanting to be up on the banner and it was a fib.:dontknow:

OP
OP
C

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G.I.B., you just made my head spin. ;)
Also, Tnmountains states the content of posts belong to TNet. Does this apply to "personal messages"? If so, PMs should be renamed. Semi-Personal Messages maybe.
Peace ✌

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As stated many times TN management does not read the PMs, unless they are reported admins and mods can care less.

OP
OP
C

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tha access to them is what I refer to.
Who would "report" a pm? What does "report" mean? Inappropriate?
If two grown folks can't work out their differences amicably on this site, let 'em take it to the streets. ;)
Peace ✌
P.S. The preceding statement is mine alone, and most importantly said in jest.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
There's no doubt in my mind this site among many others are "watched" / "reviewed" or whatever looking for posted monetary treasure found.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So it could turn into a case of "knock knock- who's there" Then just owe up and hand over a box of fantasy coins and tell them you just have a bad case of wanting to be up on the banner and it was a fib.:dontknow:

I REST MY CASE BUDDY.... To "hand over" something means you already screwed up! Then cover with a lie..... After that your lifestyle and banking habits will then be monitored + more. For an example (only an example) what would you do if you found 1, maybe 2 1849-C Open Wreath $1.00 gold coins (in beautiful shape) amongst many others? Would you take some photo's / videos and post on T-Net? Tell how you found them or where? Since we're fantasying with this post.... I believe almost EVERYBODY would love to post pics and the story if that ever happened. I would for one. But can you imagine the headaches that would come from such a post. If you/other's can't then you really need to think about it. If anybody thinks they wouldn't get "a visit" / "new mail" you'd have to be on drugs or something (I believe).

Now since nobody is probably ever going to ever find this example I bet there are MANY other examples. What I mean by "many others" are finds that are worth a LOT OF MONEY to the finder and never mentioned. This site is fabulous for showing so many great finds and their stories. I love"em. But those finds of great wealth (if posted) I'm sure are "visited" by those who aren't on your Christmas Card List.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For something to be legally binding you have to first ask yourself two questions.

Insomuch as thereafter answering said questions, you will only be legally bound to the legal bindings of your post that was presented in a legally bound way without due consideration to the aforementioned two questions, which may, or may not, legally bind you to the results predetermined by your previous query.

So, therefore, you will only be bound to the legalities of your posts if, and only if, you succumb to the principles set forth in the preceding legal interest of pertinent and related postings done either by yourself, or another (within certain jurisdictions) that would include your post pursuant to your acceptance of the previous agreement.

G.I.B, G.I.B, G.I.B..... If you got something to say just friggin say it.... Don't make CincinnaiKid's head spin (or mine/others - mission accomplished dude). Now let's calm down and bring it back to laymen's language. Don't make us come to Florida...! :occasion14: CincinnaiKid If he does it again just pick me up in Tennessee on your way through from Ohio. We'll straighten it out together with G.I.B. :laughing7:

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well yeh....obviously

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well yeh....obviously

G.I.B.... I explained it all to him GIB (after a 1.5 hr. call). After I was done he totally understood.... it wasn't that hard to understand really! Damn Viking, how many times I gotta tell ya? :laughing7:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We delete anything that might be construed as illegal or that breaks the rules. I do not ever say anything it just disappears. So doubtful anything left up long enough to be seen by many. Members help keep things straight.
If it is no doubt an illegal activity user is permanently banned as well.
Pretty simple.

On the other hand if you were charged with abandonment or desertion and you had a post of you metal detecting every single day in Todays finds I am sure some slick lawyer would screen shoot that. :tongue3:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
On the other hand if you were charged with abandonment or desertion and you had a post of you metal detecting every single day in Todays finds I am sure some slick lawyer would screen shoot that. :tongue3:

So true what is written could be used for their purpose. Wonder how many posts on detecting forums have been used in a legal case or a knock on the door vs how many tweets or posting on Facebook have gotten folks in hot water? :laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I REST MY CASE BUDDY.... To "hand over" something means you already screwed up! Then cover with a lie..... After that your lifestyle and banking habits will then be monitored + more. For an example (only an example) what would you do if you found 1, maybe 2 1849-C Open Wreath $1.00 gold coins (in beautiful shape) amongst many others? Would you take some photo's / videos and post on T-Net? Tell how you found them or where? Since we're fantasying with this post.... I believe almost EVERYBODY would love to post pics and the story if that ever happened. I would for one. But can you imagine the headaches that would come from such a post. If you/other's can't then you really need to think about it. If anybody thinks they wouldn't get "a visit" / "new mail" you'd have to be on drugs or something (I believe).

Now since nobody is probably ever going to ever find this example I bet there are MANY other examples. What I mean by "many others" are finds that are worth a LOT OF MONEY to the finder and never mentioned. This site is fabulous for showing so many great finds and their stories. I love"em. But those finds of great wealth (if posted) I'm sure are "visited" by those who aren't on your Christmas Card List.

Should of put a :laughing7: instead of a :dontknow: Then again just pay the man the $$$ owing of the 1849 and it's all good, isn't it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread