digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2pm today i had a epidural shot in my spine, L5 s1. Wasnt as bad as the emg test i had done last month. Anyone ever had the epidural shot in spine before ? Blew my back out in february. No diggin this year for me, so keep the posts coming guys and gals, i read them all !!:thumbsup:

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, I hope you feel better!
Back pain ain't no joke!!
Don't let your health care providers prescribe narcotics. Alternatives exist.
I wish you well.
GL
Peace ✌

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope that it works well for you so that you can be relaxed and pain free as you surf Tnet. I wil
try to find some gold to entertain you.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
No diggin this year for me, so keep the posts coming guys and gals, i read them all !!:thumbsup:

Can I send you my bag of pennies for cleaning and shining? Can you sit up long enough?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear this. Haven't had that done to me yet. Did have a spinal tap once, myelogram. made me sick - felt like my spirit was violated.

Meadow

May 27, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm really sorry to hear that. It's terrible when it prevents you from doing things you enjoy. You need a robot who could do the digging for you.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had two since being involved in a roll over accident last August. Got one in my neck in February and then one in my lower back in April. Unfortunately they didn't do me any good. Next step is a nerve block in my lower back. If it gives me any relief I may have a nerve ablation. That is where they burn the nerves coming out of my spine. I still am facing fusion on my upper back. Getting old isn't for the weak!
I hope yours works.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had all the back test possible done before my surgery in 1989.........L4, L5 and S1...........discs removed and VSP plates installed. Essentially, a built in back brace. The surgery was experimental, at the time. No doubt the technology is better today.
After a year of extensive rehab, some of my own design, I went back to work.
For the past 20+ years, I have been installing floors.........lifting, carrying heavy materials........moving furniture.........generally abusing myself in unimaginable ways. I have lived a productive and full life since the repairs...............

My point is.........there can be/is life after a back injury. Just get the proper medical help for your situation.............

Best of luck with yours.................

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I had several back in 1996 after I ruptured two disks in my' lower spine. However, I would not allow them to shoot it directly into my' spine. I opted for directly on the Sciatic Nerve where the disk material was pinching the nerve off to my' left leg. The shots did more for me than the spinal surgery I had in February 1997. I had another blowout in 2013 that effected the Sciatic Nerve down my' right leg but I had been living with the pain so long and grown so accustomed to it, that I opted not to see my Orthopedic Doctor and now live with the pain in both legs. It would be nice to find a treatment that would bring back most or all of the feeling in my' feet as the nerve neuropathy in my' feet, has left them very painful. If I stub one of my' toes, it feels like being severely stabbed.

Sorry to hear about your back problems and good luck with your treatments!

Frank

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Had all the back test possible done before my surgery in 1989.........L4, L5 and S1...........discs removed and VSP plates installed. Essentially, a built in back brace. The surgery was experimental, at the time. No doubt the technology is better today.
After a year of extensive rehab, some of my own design, I went back to work.
For the past 20+ years, I have been installing floors.........lifting, carrying heavy materials........moving furniture.........generally abusing myself in unimaginable ways. I have lived a productive and full life since the repairs...............

My point is.........there can be/is life after a back injury. Just get the proper medical help for your situation.............

Best of luck with yours.................

Hell, when they come up with a Medical facility that is like an Auto Repair/Rebuild Shop, I am going in for a "from the ground-up/off-frame" complete restoration rebuild! I might even get a GT Fastback "Eleanor Clone" modification done.:laughing7: Which do you think would look better, the '67 or '68??:dontknow::laughing9:

Frank

Last edited:

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell, when they come up with a Medical facility that is like an Auto Repair/Rebuild Shop, I am going in for a "from the ground-up/off-frame" complete restoration rebuild! I might even get a GT Fastback "Eleanor Clone" modification done.:laughing7: Which do you think would look better, the '67 or '68??:dontknow::laughing9:

Sounds like you have done the 2 most important things.........kept your sense of humor and kept moving!! :laughing7:

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like you have done the 2 most important things.........kept your sense of humor and kept moving!! :laughing7:

Thanks, that is about all you can do! When I went to the hospital a few years back when I passed a pint of blood, they took x-rays of my' intestinal tract which also showed my' lower spine. The Doc noted into the Recorder (he recorded his observations and wrote them in the Medical Charts/Records later) that my' lower spine was a mass of ossiferous protrusions. I guess that is the reason that my' lower back pops some times like slow popping Popcorn, any Orville Redenbacher Popcorn anyone!!?? Hell, I will even rent a movie!:laughing7:

Frank

log2lumber

May 8, 2015
Detroit, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 2 with carbon fiber shaft and upgrades
Minelab Vanquish 540(won it!)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feel better. My wife just had a disc replaced last week between C4 and C5 and fusion between C5 and C6. She did the epidurals and everything else first. She now says should have done surgery first.

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
Sorry to hear this. Haven't had that done to me yet. Did have a spinal tap once, myelogram. made me sick - felt like my spirit was violated.

Had that done, too. I never felt the shot, but they turned the bed where I was upside down, & I quickly got nauseated.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Had that done, too. I never felt the shot, but they turned the bed where I was upside down, & I quickly got nauseated.

Yeah! I forgot to mention they had me hanging upside down! I had been sitting at a stoplight and was rear ended by a drunk. Hit so hard it broke the seat back.

That's when I got educated about lawsuits..... Easy money for attorneys... $17k award, attorney got $6k. Then I rear ended a lady, bent her exhaust pipe is all. She got $17k and I figure her attorney got $6k of that. All for a couple hours of a secretary filling out the forms.

The attorneys essentially blackmail you into accepted the easy money. What they told me was that if I didn't win such & such during the case, I'd have to pay the opposing attorney fees which could run way up there. So, I went along with the advice from my "trusted" attorney.... Yeah, trusted....

No wonder local TV is one attorney commercial after another.

And me, my neck still hurts 20 years later.

Last edited:

MD-Mainiac

Jun 16, 2015
Maryland
Detector(s) used
BH Platinum and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2pm today i had a epidural shot in my spine, L5 s1. Wasnt as bad as the emg test i had done last month. Anyone ever had the epidural shot in spine before ? Blew my back out in february. No diggin this year for me, so keep the posts coming guys and gals, i read them all !!:thumbsup:

I have had 3 in the last 1.5 years.. last one was on Wednesday, the 25... Hurt Like a son-of-beach... worst pain I have ever felt.

OP
OP
digging440yrs

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya--not fun

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one, don't think I could go thru it again. Hospitals are becoming a great fear the older I get, The things they do to for test anymore are nothing short of torture. I try my best to avoid having to go there

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not yet (knocking on wood) I have an inversion machine, for herniated discs. It works! I guess hanging upside down creates space in the discs, so nerves are not pinched... decompressing and elongating the spine and allowing the spine to naturally realign. Although you can not hang upside down for more then 10 minutes at a time. So, slow reversal? Next big thing they say, is is stem cell injection Stem cells repair disc without surgery

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread