Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Re: I'm tired of these coin pics

COUNTRY GIRL said:
Whoa, whoa, whoa, theres some good stuff in there. The horse would be on display with the rest of mine, the little soldier, those toy cars, never mind the jewelery? Your cheating ;)

What do you use for a detector?

I'm using the Gold bug 2 by fisher, a dedicated gold machine. I don't dig many nails. Because I can normally ID common nails (not galvanized) using the iron ID mode. The other way that the GB2 can ID nails is that it sounds off with two beeps when the coil is passed over a nail target long way, even galvanized ones.

The GB-2 has a long learning curve and it performs best on demolitions, playgrounds and fresh water lakes, campgrounds and the likes. It takes a good 7 months or more to learn it and I still learning. If you like, you can take a look at my Gold, silver and coins at this link: link: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,88715.0.html

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This topic should be a must read for all newbies. So often you see a new guy...or gal get discouraged the first few times out and only dig a lot of junque or crape'. All they see here on the forum are the really great finds we all make every once in a while. Believe me there is a lot more of the former category found than silver, gold or anything else. So, if you are discouraged and thinking of quitting, just take a gander and you will really feel elated when those nice finds come along. I use to play a lot of golf before I hurt my back and for every five or ten sorry shots I made I would make one really good shot and that's what kept me wanting to play golf. Same thing applies to treasure hunting. Keep at it and pay your dues and you will soon be hooked. Monty

beavis

Mar 11, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Here is some of my junque

Attachments

• MD Finds 005.jpg
    MD Finds 005.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 221
OP
OP
Lafitte

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs

Beavis,
That is one serious pile of disinterred crape'. :D
I salute you.

beavis

Mar 11, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

I like the sound of that "disinterred crape' " almost sounds respectful :D :D

OP
OP
Lafitte

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs

Oops, what Charlie P originally wrote was hand disinterred crape'.
I like that best. Gives an artesian quality to the phrase. ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread