Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter
GTI 2500
Infinium LS
Sea Hunter II
Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
NEW DISCOVERY CHANNEL SERIES ‘TREASURE QUEST: SNAKE ISLAND’ SETS OUT TO FIND LEGENDARY TREASURE IN ONE OF THE WORLD’S MOST DEADLY PLACES ..
Six Part Series to Premiere Friday, July 17 at 10 PM ET/PT on Discovery.. Hidden somewhere off the south eastern coast of Brazil, could lie hundreds of millions of dollars-worth of lost Incan gold. For 400 years, many have searched, fought and died looking for this elusive bounty. But all have failed to hold onto it. TREASURE QUEST: SNAKE ISLAND, an all-new series premiering Friday, July 17, at 10 PM ET/PT on the Discovery Channel, will take viewers along an epic journey with an elite team of treasure hunters who have a new theory on where the treasure lies — a remote spot home to 1,000s of deadly vipers.
“Every kid hears these stories about treasures and pirates and going off on adventures around the world with dreams of finding lost gold. And that’s what I do. That’s what I’m doing right now,” said Cork Graham, the team’s expedition leader.
In 1524, a horde of Incan gold — known as the “Treasure of the Trinity” — was stolen. For 500 years, Jesuits priests, privateers such as Thomas Cavendish and mathematician Paul Thiry have all searched the coast of Brazil for this legendary bounty, but in all that time, no one has cracked the code as to where the treasure might have been hidden… until now... New Series ?Treasure Quest: Snake Island? to Premiere Friday, July 17 on Discovery Channel - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com
Treasure-Quest-Snake-Island-Cast-350x278.jpg

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey thanks for the heads up, I love shows like this!, I miss the one they had about the shipwreck recovery company, that one was awesome!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bump for Reminder.

Too early to set up series Recording

maybe friday

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be watching. Anything with the word "treasure" in it gets my attention every time.

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me know if they find anything.

(still haven't gotten over "Al Capone's Vaults".)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was finally able to find it on my DVR this evening,
so I set up Series Recording right away.
although I can see them adding allot of Manufactured drama over Pirates & snakes :BangHead:
& using allot of stock footage of snakes every 10 Minutes. and pretending every boat they see on the horizon is Pirates :tongue3:
I still feel this may be an interesting series.

of course the first episode will be breakdowns and crying, but

as long as they don't vote team members out
it has to be better then oak island & ice Cold Gold :laughing7:

Last edited:

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If hey found anything. You would have heard about it in the news. But it sounds like it would be fun to watch. I hope just one treasure show could find treasure while on T.V. I watch all these programs and no one finds treasure while on t.v. The only thing I ever see is ladders stuck on mountain walls and old cans. Everyone is always looking for these treasures yet you never see that on T.V. You might see them recovering treasure from the ocean bottom. But were never their the 1st day they find the treasure. I remember talking with a guy who was at the Atoica and saw the pile of treasure their. He sad he jut sat their on the bottom catching his breath and taking it all in. That's what I want to see.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If hey found anything. You would have heard about it in the news. But it sounds like it would be fun to watch. I hope just one treasure show could find treasure while on T.V. I watch all these programs and no one finds treasure while on t.v. The only thing I ever see is ladders stuck on mountain walls and old cans. Everyone is always looking for these treasures yet you never see that on T.V. You might see them recovering treasure from the ocean bottom. But were never their the 1st day they find the treasure. I remember talking with a guy who was at the Atoica and saw the pile of treasure their. He sad he jut sat their on the bottom catching his breath and taking it all in. That's what I want to see.

yea back in 2000 I got a visit at the Drained Lake I was doing by a Man who claimed he was on
Fishers Crew. He had a photo album with
photos off all types of Gigantic Gold Chains, Crosses, Coins, Etc..

Because I Hit the News for all I was getting out the Lake
& all the rings we were finding and Returning, I think he wanted to rub it in
what real treasures Were :laughing7:

John Winter

Aug 23, 2014
England
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TREASURE QUEST: SNAKE ISLAND : Programs : Discovery Channel : Discovery Press Web

In 1524, a horde of Incan gold - known as the "Treasure of the Trinity" - was stolen. For 500 years, Jesuits priests, privateers such as Thomas Cavendish and mathematician Paul Thiry have all searched the coast of Brazil for this legendary bounty ...

Any programme (program) that fails to recognise the difference between HORDE and HOARD gives me little confidence in the quality and production values. :laughing7:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
NEW DISCOVERY CHANNEL SERIES ‘TREASURE QUEST: SNAKE ISLAND’ SETS OUT TO FIND LEGENDARY TREASURE IN ONE OF THE WORLD’S MOST DEADLY PLACES ..
Six Part Series to Premiere Friday, July 17 at 10 PM ET/PT on Discovery.. Hidden somewhere off the south eastern coast of Brazil, could lie hundreds of millions of dollars-worth of lost Incan gold. For 400 years, many have searched, fought and died looking for this elusive bounty. But all have failed to hold onto it. TREASURE QUEST: SNAKE ISLAND, an all-new series premiering Friday, July 17, at 10 PM ET/PT on the Discovery Channel, will take viewers along an epic journey with an elite team of treasure hunters who have a new theory on where the treasure lies — a remote spot home to 1,000s of deadly vipers.
“Every kid hears these stories about treasures and pirates and going off on adventures around the world with dreams of finding lost gold. And that’s what I do. That’s what I’m doing right now,” said Cork Graham, the team’s expedition leader.
In 1524, a horde of Incan gold — known as the “Treasure of the Trinity” — was stolen. For 500 years, Jesuits priests, privateers such as Thomas Cavendish and mathematician Paul Thiry have all searched the coast of Brazil for this legendary bounty, but in all that time, no one has cracked the code as to where the treasure might have been hidden… until now... New Series ?Treasure Quest: Snake Island? to Premiere Friday, July 17 on Discovery Channel - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com
View attachment 1179252

Looks good. Hope it doesn't evolve into an Oak Island fiction type show. Just a thought, Frank

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Did you notice? Almost everywhere they went on the island was following a path! The place looks more well traveled than the story lets on or they have an advance trail cleaning crew.
Good place for snake proof boots, but the snakes look smaller than the timber rattlers I have seen in PA. Frank

----------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------
Moved from the other post on same subject.
Well, I too stayed up with the match sticks holding my eye lids open. lol
They identified the island by using ariel photos and maps to compare the shape of the island with an old treasure map.
I think the dive was a waste of time. I was looking for the action on the island. There permit is only for 2 months.
Did you notice the condition of there ship. It looked like it got a fast white haul paint job almost down to the waterline
and some of the exterior wood looked downright rotten. Check out the bow sprint.
Yea, I heard from friends that have sailed down there. They still do have pirates. Frank

Last edited:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
more info at link

The Brazilian government requires that a doctor be present on any legally sanctioned visits, in the event of an unfortunate run-in with the island's native population. The Brazilian navy does make an annual stop on the island for maintenance of the lighthouse, which, since the 1920s, has been automated. The island is also an important laboratory for biologists and researchers, who are granted special permission to visit the island in order to study the golden lanceheads.
Ilha de Queimada Grande: World's Deadliest Island | Science | Smithsonian

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
should be interesting, just because of the snakes
from reading around,when the Inca and the Spanish had contact
there was prob 30k-50k snakes, now est are 4k-7k in low lying areas
so follow the bones should be able to locate treasure, prob just sitting
under the over growth
why did the Spanish haul all that gold from the west coast to the east
coast, just to leave it on a snake infested island, that the pop on the
east coast prob knew about, if its anywhere its on the E coast in the
jungle, or maybe another island close by to snake

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks good. Hope it doesn't evolve into an Oak Island fiction type show. Just a thought, Frank

Well, if it does, I am sure that the ratings will go down after the first episode. I understand many people have high expectations and then to be strung along without any real proof is growing thin. Even "if" they don't find what they are looking for, but stumble upon some other historical interest would be worth the watch. But, in the end, they save the best for last just to garner ratings.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
"Good place for snake proof boots, but the snakes look smaller than the timber rattlers I have seen in PA. Frank

Hey Frankn, some of the smallest snakes are the deadliest. I look at all snakes as deadly, that just might possibly be why I have such a fear of snakes, unless that fear is hereditary :dontknow:

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Are any of these cast members, members of this forum ?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darn it I missed it! And I tried sooo hard to stay awake! RATS!!!

So how was it? Was it good?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darn it I missed it! And I tried sooo hard to stay awake! RATS!!!

So how was it? Was it good?

Time Machine ? :tongue3:

Don't come on till 10PM Next Friday

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread