Comment On Perry MASon epsiode....

NEWN

May 19, 2009
A few days ago I saw an episode of Perry Mason "The Case of the Spanish Cross" Concerning a [Fictional] missing relic of Columbus 1492 voyage- a wooden Cross supposedly made from the timbers of the wrecked Santa Maria.

My only regret is that the writers didnt include a epilogue by MAson that the cross is a probable fake....for one thing the Santa MAria was dismantled after it ran aground...also Columbus would have indeed confided to Ferdinard and Isabella about such things such as his rights as Admiral....not presented them with a cross....which isnt made out of metal or rare woods just ordinary wood...:cross:

In fact if such a "relic" came up for acution..I'd beleive it....the same way as anyone who tried to sell me the Brooklyn bridge or the Eiffel tower....or the grand Canyon...:laughing7::tongue3:..NOT

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What if though..?
Authentication would be key.
Who would be the legit claimant. Spain or US or finder?
The dream is alive. Thanks Perry M. ;)
Peace ✌

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe it was Mark Twain who noted that if all he pieces of the True Cross on display at cathedrals were assembled in one place it would be enough wood to build a steamboat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread