Ooparts or Out of place artifacts

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of artifacts?

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alien artifacts

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found seven .45 ACP fired cases on the dirt floor of my church in the basement near the boiler furnaces!

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Items being found which seemingly do not fit in with the time frame.
One item that comes to mind is the Antikythera Mechanism which was found off the coast of the Greek Island Antikythera in 1900. It has been radiocarbon dated to be from around 150 B.C.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I have seen a program on the Discovery channel about it....very interesting!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Makes one wonder about the device and the age of 150 BC, and it makes me wonder if the raw material was once mined from this area?
Copper: a world trade in 3000 BC?

brogansown

May 11, 2015
Eastern Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab 4500 and Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other
A friend found an intact, useable fishing lure three inches down in the middle of the Nevada desert. No water for miles.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A friend found an intact, useable fishing lure three inches down in the middle of the Nevada desert. No water for miles.

Another case of somebody else was dirt fishing.:)

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great read Pepper....thanks!!:thumbsup:

It really makes one wonder where it all went, Europe? Then how did they do it, and mining it almost 2000yrs before the earliest known smelting occurred. Some serious things were happening back then and one big ? still today.

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
While digging and sifting for arrowheads at an old Indian site, my brother and I dug up and sifted a .54 caliber dropped round ball from 3.5ft deep, the same depth that we were finding points such as Dalton's that were 10,000 years of age or older. I have an idea of how it got there. Someone hunting through in the early to late 1800's dropped or lost the ball and at some point in time a craw fish came up from the ground below and his hole happened to open up right on top of the ball and it rolled down in the hole. Very strange find for the day...d2

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got one for yah

This object was collected while dredging flood material deposited in the mid 1970's. It was found in the North Central Cascades, Washington State. It measures roughly 3.1mm x 4.1mm and is exactly .49mm thick. The engraving is into gold or gold inlaid. Not much more I can say about it.

oopa1.jpg

oopa2.jpg

Craigwac

Jan 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While digging and sifting for arrowheads at an old Indian site, my brother and I dug up and sifted a .54 caliber dropped round ball from 3.5ft deep, the same depth that we were finding points such as Dalton's that were 10,000 years of age or older. I have an idea of how it got there. Someone hunting through in the early to late 1800's dropped or lost the ball and at some point in time a craw fish came up from the ground below and his hole happened to open up right on top of the ball and it rolled down in the hole. Very strange find for the day...d2

It could be that a flood came through and the ground was saturated enough for the round to sink into the lighter but older layers, like gold will.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread