Thunder Gods

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
What areas are associated with a Thunder God ? Who referred to them as Thunder Gods ? How did the area become a home of the Thunder God ?
Was it so named because the Indians had heard loud "thunder" like noises from these mountains ? Could it have been the Spaniards, ( or others ), had set up cannons for defense of their mines or caches and this is what had been heard ? Could the miners have been using explosives high up in the hills ?

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what area you're from but over here, Thunder comes from the beating wings of the Thunderbird.
As a kid, I was told by other kids that thunder was from God bowling. :icon_scratch:
Either way, Native American legends of the Thunderbird or Thunder Gods predate the arrival of the Spanish by far.
Cheers,
Dave.

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Muddyhandz, I was just trying to see if these Thunder God legends were from one confined area or was several different locations.

Meadow

May 27, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a kid, I was told by other kids that thunder was from God bowling.

I was told it was God driving a wagonload of cabbages over a bumpy road. Which conjures up a rather charming image. In any case, yes, the Thunderbird legends predate settlers.

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure what area you're from but over here, Thunder comes from the beating wings of the Thunderbird.
As a kid, I was told by other kids that thunder was from God bowling. :icon_scratch:
Either way, Native American legends of the Thunderbird or Thunder Gods predate the arrival of the Spanish by far.
Cheers,
Dave.

Maybe we grew up in the same area ? My parents had also told me it was God bowling.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread