Buried Money in my back yard.

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure the wife said she wanted a pool???? DIG DIG DIG DIG!!!! And say nothing when ya find it!!!!!!!!!!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sure the wife said she wanted a pool???? DIG DIG DIG DIG!!!! And say nothing when ya find it!!!!!!!!!!
basque... Is right on here..... Do not say any thing about your find... There are things you should keep to yourself.. To me you are already talking to much about it..

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The new way is a piece of PVC pipe, two end caps, and the cement, it'll be there for the Grandchildren.

I suggest burying about 1 ft. down. Then cover with 6" of soil. And then wad up a couple balls of aluminum foil and drop into hole. Then fill in hole.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The upper yard is no problem at all and yes the chickens would love it. The bottom section is going to be a pain in the ass tearing out the bricks and moving everything. I am going to dig it all though. Why not right?

Ok.... your getting there! But you are LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dontknow:

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
If I were you I would dig it! I do not believe the boxes are still there because in my opinion the number 1 reason caches are still never found is because no one knows about them! If she knew about them the assume other people probably do to and it was probably dug up years ago. Either way I would dig it you can not win the lotto if you don't buy a ticket. Do it it's the best part of the hobby the 3 letter word DIG go for it!
Just my opinion go with your gut
Jolteon

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been digging the Upper yard the last few days slowly battling the Extended roots of those big trees only finding trash and 1 Wheat penny from 1946. So many signals i feel i'm digging in an old landfill or something. :BangHead:

Maybe a useful thought / tactic...? Get some of those small survey flags. Cheap for a bundle of 25-50 of them. Then just MD the yard slowly for larger signals or high toned ones. Flag'em and then go back. Write with a sharpie on the flag what the signal posted...? Then you can cover more ground perhaps and dig the larger / higher hits. It's just a thought / idea. My best to ya buddy.... just keep digging!!!!

heepiepow

Aug 27, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Buy a few replacement bricks, tear up a few over a big signal every few months, plus much easier targets just in the grass, rinse repeat. Don't view it as something you have to do in two days. Work that yard for years until the detector doesn't find anything anymore. Do it covertly on the sly with no single big interruptions or savages of your back yard.

If it was me (who is more selfish and really doesn't care what others think,) I'd take a vacation week from work, buy a gigantic normal size shovel, and just get it done quickly no matter who fusses at me. That's a hot lead that could gain you thousands of dollars, only a few steps away from your door, and only a foot or so down. No cops or others can interrupt you. It's hot-tip Candyland and Disneyworld, with free and easy delivery. How could a treasure-hunter not just vigorously go after this?

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe you can try some of those probes that privy hole diggers use poked into the ground every couple inches. When you feel something, you can mark it. That might be a better alternative than digging up the entire yard.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That probe idea is a GREAT idea! I used a 1/4" steel probe when I was locating privy spots in MI. If somebody did bury money in your yard your at the mercy of them putting it into a metal box if it was just cash money. Coins... you'll find this cache if present. I still think I'd flag the good signals and look for "large" ones first though.

songdog

May 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buried a bunch of coins in my back yard as a "test garden" for new detectors.
I sold the house about 13 years ago and just now remembered my test garden!

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been digging the Upper yard the last few days slowly battling the Extended roots of those big trees only finding trash and 1 Wheat penny from 1946. So many signals i feel i'm digging in an old landfill or something. :BangHead:

you said in the vid there was a house here once
so prob not along that wall, the other wall with
the fencing prob not either, as you can be seen
from the house thats not there now,and the other
houses too. im thinking maybe under the floor of
an out building thats not there anymore, go here
put your addy in an see what was there years ago
NETR Online ? Historic Aerials

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Give me your address....I'll grab a Plane Ticket and come Dig it for you....grass will grow back..nothing there that can't be improved on anyhow...just sayin'

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions