Historical Sites around Myrtle Beach SC

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Myrtle Beach itself is a relatively new town which took off in the 1950's and 1960's. Conway (about 15 miles inland) has a much longer history.

There is the dock areas in Murrell's Inlet where the fishing boats are. Murrells Inlet Fishing | Boat Rentals | Charter Fishing | Myrtle Beach Jet Ski Rentals

Conway SC has a Historical River Walk area. Basically a walkway along the river with some old wooden factory buildings where they made steamboats in the 1800's.

In Wilmington, NC you can tour the Battleship North Carolina. Huge ship. USS North Carolina Battleship ? Wilmington NC?s Historic Battleship

Depending on your budget there is the Tiger Encounter and Preserve. Pricey but they are dedicated to preserving animals. https://www.myrtlebeachsafari.com/

There are hundreds of attractions to keep people busy in Myrtle Beach. Second only to Orlando in tourist trappings.

UNC_

Mar 21, 2009
central mo
Detector(s) used
whites prizm V, ace 250
having lived in sc before ill tell u have only been there once and that was at the airport is a tourist trap but the beach i used to go to was at beaufort because there is all kinds of history there from military to pirates.

OP
OP
dewdrop

dewdrop

Tenderfoot
Aug 22, 2012
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well folks, it's definately a tourist trap. But, we have had a good time hanging with some family-Playing in the ocean, shell & crab hunting, alligator adventure, US NC, Aquarium,a good restraunt or two. Definately a tourist trap lol

RockinIdaho

May 24, 2014
Idaho
Primary Interest:
Other
Check out Brookgreen Gardens. Story has it that a young female sculpture was never allowed to leave the premises. In order to pass the time she started sculpting.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charleston is only about a three hours drive to the south of Myrtle Beach and FULL of history. Forts Sumpter and Moultrie are right there and Fort Wagner is nearby, and the town has a long history of colonial, revolutionary, and civil war events. Pirates raided her, the British were fought off there then finally took her in the revolution, and of course Ft Sumpter is where the first shots of the civil war were fired. I just returned from both places and Charleston was my favorite by a long, long ways.

OP
OP
dewdrop

dewdrop

Tenderfoot
Aug 22, 2012
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard about the sculpture gardens. I didn't have time to see it or go to Savannah or Charleston. I am planning another trip early fall to see Savannah & Charleston sites. I am in the planning stages now. So excited!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread