Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am 74 years old 5'11 and weigh 180 still drive semi truck part time & work with trees and plants. .. And eat what ever i want and that means a lot of junk food ...That my wife tells me to not eat so much of... And i have not yet found one of those heavy metal detectors ones talk about .... I can use my Sovereign all day and do not use a harness ..

I want some of what you been up to, Keppy. Sodas and junk food? You must be blessed with a cast-iron constitution, brother. Wish I could say the same. Trouble here is that my head is writing checks my body cant cash anymore.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I want some of what you been up to, Keppy. Sodas and junk food? You must be blessed with a cast-iron constitution, brother. Wish I could say the same. Trouble here is that my head is writing checks my body cant cash anymore.
It is like this Higgy i still have to take my bran & a aspirin every day and a pill to make my stream better if you know what i mean...

Honeyman

Apr 5, 2015
Cleveland OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About a year ago my wife and I went vegan to try and contol her high cholesterol. It worked great for that purpose and also helped us both loose a lot of weight and feel great!
Also, in the warm weather I ride my bike every where, including metal detecting. Here's a pic of my bike loaded up for a morning hunt!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Resting heart beat is 48-52, BP is 110/68, don't exercise as I'm very active still at 57. Kind of lazy when it comes to food, just eat whats handy which pretty well the same things everyday.
Breakfast sourdough spelt toast with a topping of maple syrup-peanut butter-banana or other fresh fruit,and the kicker-good roasted black coffee.
Try to make a shake in the Vita-mix mid morning with a protein (almonds) mixed frozen fruit, high antioxidant powder, some greens, ginger. For lunch it's a huge salad mixed greens, olives, nuts & seeds, Tahini & olive oil, some type of beans or salmon for protein, dribbling of 25 yrs old balsamic vinegar.
For dinner a protein of some sorts, not too much red meat and if it's on the plate it'll be grass fed Bison, Lamb, goat, lots of veggies steamed or baked. For a snack if one needed is frozen fruit, peanut or almond butter, rolled spelt or oat flakes.
No junk food, pop, or eating out if I can help it. 95% of everything is organic so when we have the 5% of other there's little to worry about.

Here's one to think about and I have used this analogy before in describing how one's general health truly is and it's simple. Take the trap off from under the kitchen sink, have a look at what shape it is in, is it almost clogged or have a build up of caked on grease, or is it almost clean with a little debris? Well what you poured down the sink drain is pretty well what you consumed for food over a long period of time and the arteries of the body will reflect the drains appearance.

OP
OP
C

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Initially, I forgot to mention supplements, (vitamins).
Supplements are legal, yet unregulated by the FDA. That seems strange?
Anyway, many supplements are obviously available, professing this or that. Some may work.
I have a daily intake of 42grams or more of whey protein. It sure helps ME, with strength. Creatine also helps ME, and new studies are underway as to the overall benefits to muscle health.
Glucosamine definitely helps MY knees an elbows.
Very recently, I've initiated a daily regiment of CoQ-10. This is an enzyme located in nearly every cell of our bodies that diminishes over time. I'm hoping it helps ME with energy in the heat. When temps are above 85, I get drained quick these days.
Thanks for your read.
Peace ✌
P.S. Please know these supplements work for me and me alone. I make zero recommendations.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Initially, I forgot to mention supplements, (vitamins).
Supplements are legal, yet unregulated by the FDA. That seems strange?
Anyway, many supplements are obviously available, professing this or that. Some may work.
I have a daily intake of 42grams or more of whey protein. It sure helps ME, with strength. Creatine also helps ME, and new studies are underway as to the overall benefits to muscle health.
Glucosamine definitely helps MY knees an elbows.
Very recently, I've initiated a daily regiment of CoQ-10. This is an enzyme located in nearly every cell of our bodies that diminishes over time. I'm hoping it helps ME with energy in the heat. When temps are above 85, I get drained quick these days.
Thanks for your read.
Peace ✌
P.S. Please know these supplements work for me and me alone. I make zero recommendations.
If you take Co-Q10 it should be from a good source and maker. Another great one NAC for the lungs, and breathing.

OP
OP
C

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks pepperj.
How does one differentiate quality makers?
I did a bit of research on Co-Q10, yet failed to consider maker.
I purchased a national pharmacy brand.
Peace ✌

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks pepperj.
How does one differentiate quality makers?
I did a bit of research on Co-Q10, yet failed to consider maker.
I purchased a national pharmacy brand.
Peace ✌
I'm on the road right now, but I'll try to get a chance to look at the better brands when I get back to the house. It does also makes a bit of a difference how much a person takes per dose.

OP
OP
C

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, thanks. Drive safe...
100 mg is the recommended daily dosage. 200 mg if cholesterol meds are involved?
Peace ✌

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool, thanks. Drive safe...
100 mg is the recommended daily dosage. 200 mg if cholesterol meds are involved?
Peace ✌

I take a 400 mg daily.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread