MINELAB GPZ 7000

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Cindy. First of all I've never really looked at a Gpz 7000. But sound like a lot of money. Get what you need and want. But really check it out big time first. Must be looking for tunnels and for really deep objects. Have you used a detector before? Why this detector? Do you have a company site on this Gpz 7000 machine that you use so that I can check it out? This might help get you thinking on what's ahead. Some of this stuff can be heavy. Never mine brush, and power lines. Where are you going to use this machine mostly? All over I would think. Or you'll never know where. What about water or rain and different conditions. How big and heavy is this machine with extras. How well is the cart wheels made. Different tires for different places or skids for snow. I used a Gpx? 4500 Minelab gold machine. I could dig a hair pin at three plus feet deep. This was a super machine and could dig down as far as I wanted to dig by hand on the beach ,plus covered ground fast. Wasn't water proof ,but coil was. Was ok by power lines ,but needed adjustments. Just a thought on different detectors. I'm surprised more of these gp 4500 detectors aren't being used on these treasure beaches. You can only dig deep holes for so long by hand at the beach. Plus carry the heavy machine and extras on top of it all in the sun. Anyway for the money. This gp 4500 machine was great even in black sand and really was quite. I think they run about $4,500 plus. I could do my salt water beach in two hours instead of two days using a regular smaller detector. Plus I missed nothing at that beach. Power lines can cause problems with some detectors. With every detector. Their is a learning curve. You learn quick at what you don't want after a few 4 ft holes or deeper with the 7000 I would think. Ha Ha Then you get the screen you can't see in sun light. My deus detector I can see in any light. Others no. What's up with that? I feel Minelab makes a really well made detector and keeps up with all the others if not passes the others in detecting. I've had all kinds of detectors and more than just one of each brand. Hope this gets you thinking!!

Last edited:

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, absolutely not. Great machine though.
Please be more specific as to your needs.
It's nice to see bridges between archeologists and "detectorists".
Thanks Cindy.
Peace ✌

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Cindy, if you would, please let us know what you would be using a detector for. That information would help a lot in steering you toward a good detector for your needs.

While waiting for your reply, let me assume for a moment that you are going to be using a detector to locate metal objects and their approximate depth prior to excavation of a dig site. If this is the case, any quality relic hunting detector should fit your needs. I am a fan of White's, but the neighbor loves Garrett. Both companies make quality general purpose detectors, as do several other companies.

I hope we can help you find some options that fit your needs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions