I wonder ? Could you teach a Rat to find coins ??

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could probably teach it to find just about anything you wanted. You just have to be able to communicate the idea and have a lot of patience. The article also said those were specially bred rats, so that's another factor.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a rat find my stash of rat poison. That sucker got into the bucket and ate an entire pack of the stuff. hehehehehe I found him out in the garden looking for water, before I found out he'd been stealing. You find one out in the open, it's time to refresh the bait.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could probably teach it to find just about anything you wanted. You just have to be able to communicate the idea and have a lot of patience. The article also said those were specially bred rats, so that's another factor.
I know. 7 grand a rat sounds pretty lucrative. I think I write a letter to my cuz in the federal pen. He gets little pups to live and be raised up as helper dogs for handicap people. I guess he's a superstar at bringing these young dogs up to be functional help for the less fortunate. He says it bust his heart every time one of his companions heads out in the world to help someone else. Then he gets to pick out a new puppy to train. He tells me he's amazed at what every one of them can accomplish.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome! He is in a position to be patient and help, something most of the rest of us don't
take or have time to do. Don't know what he's in for, but it's a big plus. The dogs are like family, congrats to him!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread