WHAT SHOULD I GET TYPE MD?

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
NEVER REALY USED ONE. I NEED ONE THAT FINDS PRECIOUS METALS.WOULD HATE DIGGING UP STUFF ALL DAY.LOTS OF METAL AROUND THIS SITE.WILL GET PICS OF A FEW THINGS WHEN I GET HOME FROM AREA.SWEET CAMEO 1827, A DOG TAG LIKE THING FROM WILLIAM T NIEL,ST.MARYS TX 1870'S.IN THE REFUGIO MUSEUM TX NOW.NOT CAMEO IT GOT SOLD.REALY WOULD LIKE TO BYE THIS PROPERY.CUT THE WOODS DOWN GET AFTER IT.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are new to detecting, I suggest you visit the Whites, Minelab, Garrett and Tesoro web sites to learn all you can about the different machines and how they are used.

All metal detectors find trash and junk! You just use a smaller coil to get it between the trash and get one target under the coil. Discrimination can be turned up to miss pull tabs and the old bottle caps, but the newer screw caps are a higher conductivity and will sound off like coins. Relics are down in conductivity and you will dig a lot of junk to find most.

Most newcomers like the Garrett ACE 250. I would stay away from the cheap discount store brands as you won't be satisfied with it for long.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread