Franklin Expidition.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sad. There is a local folk group that does a Newfoundland ballad about "Franklin"

I guess they suspect the solder used in the then-newfangled-concept canned food caused heavy metal poisoning and hallucinations among the officers and crew - making some pretty bad decisions.

"Leave the coats, boys and grab that desk and follow me across the icepack".

If you look into the despair of that one you owe it to yourself to look up Shaclekton and Worsley on the Endurance Expedition to Antarctica. Shackelton gets the credit on that one but Worsley was the captain and navigated/steered a little 22 ft boat he had thought ahead to bring along some 800 miles for help. Shackelton, Worsley and four other men made that voyage in a open boat! Of 56 men that were stranded when the ship was crushed by ice ALL were rescued over a year later!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
My boy asked if I wanted this.. 004.JPG

Franklin made an expedition to my safe.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

Clay Slayer

Jan 4, 2011
Cajun Country
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So taking a photo of a deceased US soldier being dragged through the streets of Mogadishu gets you a Pulitzer prize for photography? Wow... ???

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Every senator and congressman should have to walk past before and after images of Gordon and Shughart every morning before they get into their seats so the full impact of their decisions is in their face.

moh.jpg
I won't show the afters, here.

War is never, ever pretty.

3553432_640px.jpeg.jpg

154292.jpg

Attachments

• KSU1970_CS.jpg
    KSU1970_CS.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 67

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always found this very interesting. Any thoughts and comments are welcome.

I remember researching a north central Canadian fur trade post and coming across Franklin. Apparently he was in the area, studied some Flora and Fauna, then moved on. There was a reference to Indian finding a "Lobstick", which is a tree debranched in a certain way so as to stand out. Underneath was a cache of Franklin's supplies. I'm going by memory and I hope that this is accurate, I'm pretty sure that it is. If I can find the reference I will post a link. It freaked me out as it was close to were I lived at the time.

Yes, he was there. I couldn't find the Lobstick cache reference, in my old materials somewhere.................
http://www.historicplaces.ca/en/rep-reg/place-lieu.aspx?id=4168

Last edited:
OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the Terror, has not been found yet. Stories of "white men" walking out as late as 1852. Carry your chairs and tables and leave the rest.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions