Best metal detector for beach wrecks

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before I start looking up big money detectors for what I want to do. Maybe someone knows of different sites with new gear. I thought I might get some good ideas from my friends on this site. What I want to detect is shallow water or dry beach depending on tide. So maybe something I can tow behind a boat plus push on the dry sand. Looking for wreck spills or old wreck ribs. It's a big area of sand and water cuts. Soon all this sand will be gone! All we need is one good storm for all hell to break lose here. Detectors can be funny. I have one detector that no matter the weather. I can see my screen. But every other big money detector that has all the new stuff on it. And I can't see this learning screen with all this new helpful stuff on it. Hear it dig it!!! Thanks for any help.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I notice in your signature that you have a 3030 & an excalibur. What's wrong with using those ? A wreck site can have a LOT of iron around it, so it seems like those are a good choice, if you ask me.

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your right for starters. I've used my detectors on the beach over their and found what looked like a real thin hammered silver coin, plus some other cool stuff. I love my 30/30 when I can see my screen to enjoy all the new features it has. One thing is that I would mainly need it for the water. All I seem to hit on the computer is the same old sites with nothing really new. Some tow detectors only cover like 200 ft. and you need three of them to cover any bottom. Now they have robots searching. I use to be a boy scout and like to be ready and know what's out their. Ha Ha The gp3500 covers a lot more bottom and is crazy deep on the beach. Just don't get it wet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread