Garrett Treasure Ace 300 Opinions Please

Cactus_Cache

May 6, 2007
I have owned a Garrett Treasure Ace 300 for about seven years now. It looks just like the new version of Predator 3 sold by Kellyco.

Can anyone give me opinions about this detector? I have found a lot of coins and relics with it, but honestly, the discrimination doesn't work that great and the target ID is most often wrong.

Any opinions on this detector?

Thanks and Happy Swingin'

Cactus_Cache

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't think Garrett did themselves any favours with the 100, 200 or 300 models. They seemed to be concentrating on any electronic field except metal detecting.
The one good thing is that you will be able to return to your old sites and they should seem more productive than ever if you select the right mid range or higher modern machine or a top of range one thats a few years old.

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Had it, used it, sold it. Very poor detector that had horrible depth, a horrible 'treasure eye' pinpoint, and horrible VID. Having used the 300 is exactly why I never bought the 250. I was afraid it would be just as bad, but it appears they have learned their lesson and made a much better machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread