1.2 MB · Views: 847

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
If it was me I'd do some testing. What could it hurt? Sure looks like ancient river bed to me. You have a lot of water available, run some through a sluice.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stick with the sand screw, any fine gold from the cut will end up there.

Keep your eye out for black sand layers in the high wall, they are worth processing separately, just be careful, those high walls fall with no warning, and can be deadly.

Get yourself a wide sluice that you can hook up to the drain on the sand screw, then take a big water hose and wash the material through. The tricky part is to keep from overloading your riffles, I'm still working on that.......

Good Luck.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I knew of one operation that added a gold circuit to the run process and it paid for the plants general operating expenses. Everything was locked and sealed and only the plant manager and the property owner did the cleanouts. Another outfit I used to do work for pulled theirs out even tho they were getting gold. Owner said he lost more in labor wages cause the guys were always playing with the gold box.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go out there and pan a little. NOT on the clock at work though. Probably not the motherlode, but always cool to see a few flakes in the pan. If it turns out better than that, I would keep my mouth shut.

OP
OP

65catalina

Jul 13, 2015
alaska
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Still haven't got to spend much time out there off the clock. But I'll be sure to post my findings, if any, when I do!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread