Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sutphin , Was it just too difficult to say something like "Hey friends I'm gonna be away for a medical time out - see ya in 2 or 3 months "
Just curious ?

OP
OP
S

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had a tooth extraction about a week ago prior to the surgery date and the dentist left a piece of broken tooth and why he missed it don't know but a piece is now sideways in the socket and caused an infection and it is trying to exit thru my gum. So go back Monday and have that removed hurts like the dickens. so docs say no go on the hernia operation until this is over with so didn't mean to scare anyone I should have taken the time to word it all different. dammmm it is hard to type like this . ARG I REALLY DIDNT GIVE MUCH THOUGHT AT THE TIME OF WHAT I WAS SAYING BEEN WAITING FOR THIS RELEIF FOR QUITE A WHILE AND MANY DELAYS HAVE SET THIS BACK. I REALLY CANT FANTHOM HOW MUCH A LITTLE HUMOR OR RYHME CAN EFFECT PEOPLE . I DIDNT AT ALL MEAN TO GET TNET WOUND UP BUT YOU LEARN FROM MISTAKES AND NEXT DATE WILL BE LATE AUGUST WILL DO IT ALOT DIFFRENT.

Last edited:

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now we can turn our attention back to Crusader and that dress.:icon_scratch:

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sutphin , Was it just too difficult to say something like "Hey friends I'm gonna be away for a medical time out - see ya in 2 or 3 months "
Just curious ?

Already been explained.... We are all individuals.... With certain different idiosyncrasies.... I know I have mine.......God bless, All. especially those who send mean PM's.....

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
It's scary how fast a bad infection can set in. In early June this year I landed on a rock and got a wound that went down to the bone, if not then very close. I went the next day for stitches, the doctor told me I was to late for them and it is risky to do them 12 or more hours after the original wound due to infection. They put some tape strips I went home. I could not walk due to the bruising around my knee so I stayed home for the next day or two. The next week I notice that my cut looked all nasty and was all swollen and red around, I figured it was just healing and decided to just wait to see how it looks tomorrow. Well, the next when I checked on it I noticed it looked worse, next thing you know I was driving to the ER. They looked at it and before I knew it I was on IV antibiotics, they took a blood test and a wound culture. They told me it was a Staph infection and told me to come back the next day for it. I took the antibiotics they told me to take for a week until they told me that they got more results and it was not just staph but MRSA Staph, a rarer strain resistant to a large amount antibiotics. Anyways, After a while it started to get better and now, and within a month it completely healed and scarred over. I still continued to metal detecting the whole time I was going through this and found my sundial four days after getting the wound on my knee. In fact, just hours before I was in the ER I was metal detecting, maybe not the best idea though ;)

I still can't believe that I was in the ER getting treated for MRSA exactly a week after I originally got cut, it happened so fast.

Good luck Sutpin, I hope the treatment is nothing too bad.

Last edited:

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just was a little curious about this whole CAPS LOCK mentality that some are so sensitive about. Seems like a good time to bring it up. First, I will acknowledge that I know t-net rules forbid it, so don't take me as a rebel:laughing7:.For me, this whole idea of CAPS being a yelling person is a little presumptuous for those who interpret it that way.When I was a kid, I developed my handwriting to be all capitol printed letters, I just found it more uniform and easier to read and to put on paper. I was not screaming,I was not even loud in my intentions, It was just my Font. Then comes the age of technology and nobody writes much with pen and paper,heck they don't even teach cursive writing anymore in school. Anyways, I was just venting my own frustration with society as a whole on being politically correct on this matter of screaming in typed form, and not directed at T- net rules.BTW can you really tell if I am screaming or not? JMO so don't be a hater:laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just was a little curious about this whole CAPS LOCK mentality that some are so sensitive about. Seems like a good time to bring it up. First, I will acknowledge that I know t-net rules forbid it, so don't take me as a rebel:laughing7:.For me, this whole idea of CAPS being a yelling person is a little presumptuous for those who interpret it that way.When I was a kid, I developed my handwriting to be all capitol printed letters, I just found it more uniform and easier to read and to put on paper. I was not screaming,I was not even loud in my intentions, It was just my Font. Then comes the age of technology and nobody writes much with pen and paper,heck they don't even teach cursive writing anymore in school. Anyways, I was just venting my own frustration with society as a whole on being politically correct on this matter of screaming in typed form, and not directed at T- net rules.BTW can you really tell if I am screaming or not? JMO so don't be a hater:laughing7:

I still use all caps and print when I hand write a note.

only thing I write Cursive is my Signature.
And I would bet even an old time Pharmacist needs to look close & guess on my name

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still use all caps and print when I hand write a note.

only thing I write Cursive is my Signature.
And I would bet even an old time Pharmacist needs to look close & guess on my name

"Doctor" Jeff ?!?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Doctor" Jeff ?!?

Just impatient with a pen in my Hand. Even spelling with caps,
If I have more then a Sentence to write out, the longer the letter
the harder it will be to follow & the letters keep getting Larger & Larger.
a 100 letter note will easily fill a normal 10 1/2" by 8" piece of paper .
it is possible I would need both sides Too.

No I cannot stay within the lines after the First line.
that is unless maybe if I take a break between sentences
to let my wrist calm down.

Last edited:

Hot diggity

Nov 19, 2014
GONE.......... I've unsubscribed from this thread. Thanks Sutphin, that was real "fun". Seriously though I wish you well.

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

No, I agree.... Never be a hater.... Here on wonderful TN, or anywhere... Mean people suck....

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just impatient with a pen in my Hand. Even spelling with caps,
If I have more then a Sentence to write out, the longer the letter
the harder it will be to follow & the letters keep getting Larger & Larger.
a 100 letter note will easily fill a normal 10 1/2" by 8" piece of paper .
it is possible I would need both sides Too.

No I cannot stay within the lines after the First line.
that is unless maybe if I take a break between sentences
to let my wrist calm down.

Totally in agreement.... As a child, I was lauded for my penmanship..... As an adult, in the Internet age? WHO really cares?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will be just fine Sutphin on all counts! :icon_thumright:

I like the all caps! Yours is the post I don't have to enlarge the screen to read! :headbang:

As for bad handwriting, one of my kids teachers ask him who wrote his absentee note, he said "mom", to which his teacher replied "her hand writing su--s". Son took offense...got 3 days out. Teacher didn't appear for parent/teacher conference, following week. :icon_scratch:

Key boards are useful, auto correct may need tweaking, tho. :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Totally in agreement.... As a child, I was lauded for my penmanship..... As an adult, in the Internet age? WHO really cares?

the computer age is changing everything.

even thinking for ourselves may be a thing of the past one day :(

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the computer age is changing everything.

even thinking for ourselves may be a thing of the past one day :(

I don't think I want to sign on for that one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread