Rules on callout. Dealer contacting customers (ME) to belittle other dealers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they are not a supporting vendor here please don't post names..... Go with one of our supporting vendors...

OP
OP
A

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they are not a supporting vendor here please don't post names..... Go with one of our supporting vendors...

I do not plan on openly stating the dealers name b/c there are always sides to every story and as i think i have found out he is not the owner. I have sent a message to the owner and i am waiting on a reply back from him. The reason i put all this out here is to get your opinion on what you would do in my situation. I did not start this post to get fame or draw any attention i did b/c of the issue i am faced with. Normally i am a hear and drop it type person but this was a very large statement said to me and then accused me of working with the other dealer to find deals and pricing of other dealers witch is the furthest from the truth..
Thanks.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Should not post names if they are supporting vendors .. For there could not be any truth to what was said .. .So just let it go.. Keep it to your self we can not help you any how at least i will not get mixed up in it... If a vendor gives me a good deal i could care less what his past is ...

OP
OP
A

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call the cops or just drop it and move on, take your pick..

LOL Really? Ill be posting one more message to a questions i was asked above your then i will no longer post on this forum about the issue i will just address it with the dealer. I apologize for asking for anyones opinion on here but i thought!!!! THOUGHT it might help people new to detecting that were looking to buy from a dealer that was such a sorry dealer.

Either way thanks to the ones who have answered back or responded.

Thanks

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll ask someone what is the best price they can give me on an item.
They know their competition and their prices and I do not pit them against each other. So no names are required in getting a price.
After multiple offers I have a choice.
Some dealer can be a go to for a reason beyond price.
All the time you have spent worrying about how a dealer acts is worth something.
Telling me who he is won't change my method.
I have found a great detector dealer here.
Not worried about his personal life or he mine and no gossip between us.
Detecting is fun if I let it be.

OP
OP
A

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very true. Thanks. Post over so admins can delete or whatever needs to be done with stuff that is not wanted on here. I have talked to a different dealer anyways.

Thanks everyone.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is best sometimes to handle things in private.

images.jpeg

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what ar the rules about talking about what a Metal Detector Dealer said and did to me in messages on this forum.

I wont name any names as of yet but here is the story.

I started price shopping for new detector pricing i called lets say dealer A first and got a price i then about a week later called Dealer B. I talked to both dealer A and Dealer B about buying a detector and dealer B sent me an invoice but i was involved in a accident so i informed him i would have to wait. So about 3 days later i get messages From Dealer B stating how a crook, convicted felon and a BUNCH of bad things dealer A was. I dont mean like little bad things but REALLY bad things. He then continued to raise the phone and in email. Now he is raising the price by 300$ more. He kept telling me next time i talked to dealer A to let him know i had sent him a surprise and to be ready.

So what do i do in this situation. I don't know dealer A other than from emails and from calling and asking him pricing on detectors so i have no reason to be drug in the middle of this. Now dealer B has blocked and deleted me on Facebook. So i posted a long post about how i thought it was wrong and all that on his business page and he just deleted that also.

There is more to this story ad far as what was said and links and all that but just wanted opinions
Thanks

well Personally I think it is not cool for one dealer to out another.

But what goes on behind Closed doors so to speak , should be kept there.
So Thank you for not spreading names publicly :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread