new Season of Diggers Monday

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
while I dont speak diggerese when I'm hunting.I dont risk injury after a find.I like the show.I like watching my you tube favorite hunters too.If I was retired I prolly wouldnt but when I cant hunt I get a semi fix by watching others hunt.kinda jacks me up to go when I can.THIS is the value of the show to me.
If I was offered travel around the country to hunt awsome sites I would have a hard time turning it down.I suspect most of the shows non-fans would feel the same.

In the defence of these guys(kg and ringy)they are EXACTLY the same as they were on their old anaconda treasure you tube vids.Same with the equipment they use.No one paid them then,they hawked their videos to support their passion.

Yup....I envy these guys.I applaud that they pulled off what I havent.I'm rooting for their success because they got it the old fashioned way...they friggin earned it on their own terms.

Hey ringy and KG...:occasion14:...well done...you pulled off the impossible..cheers

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What Bigfoot 1 said. They are only crazy like that on the "Diggers" show. I know, I live in the same town they live in and see the RingMaster quite often. Only problem is they have detected this town and local area pretty clean. If I find something I feel like I found something the "Diggers" missed. Wahoo

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dislike the hunting style of the two guys that star in the show. I don’t like their banter or the cheesy acting when one of them finds horse tack or a flat button. With that said, I had to DVR last night’s show filmed here in Westchester County, New York, just five-miles from my home.

The show starts at a “castle,” located in Tarrytown, NY, which was built in 1897. Today, it is a very expensive Hotel and restaurant Castle Hotel and Spa > Home If the boys had known to go across the street from the castle - to the huge sports field and woods where the Colonial and British camped and actually traded fire, they may have done much better. Of course, the area has been hit pretty hard.

Their next stop was the Van Tassel House, also in Tarrytown Van Tassel Family History Homepage - Old Families of Westchester - Van Tassel Not a real good place either because the woods around the house are trashy, and folks have been detecting that area to death since the 1960s. As we all know however, nobody gets it all.

Too bad they did not consult local detectors like myself, as we could have shown them much more productive areas. Maybe they just wanted a trip to New York, and a nice Castle to stay in. Anyway, the show was terrible as I expected it would be, but these guys have a TV show and lots of folks watch it, so maybe I just have terrible taste.

Yeah Terry, I was shocked (don't know why) when they said they were looking for headless horseman stuff and saw them at the castle which is a fair distance from Sleepy Hollow and nowhere near the era they were talking about. Their "Archie" really got my hackles up when he said the holed farthing was not a washer, but was probably made that way by native Americans to wear around their necks when the coin was a late 1700s coin and all the natives around here were long gone by then. In fact those holed coppers are often found near slate roof structures where they WERE used as washers. I found a bunch of them at the old church in Tappan years back, and the caretaker told me he had found also them on the roof while repairs were done there. I can't believe KG thought for one nano second that the sickle or scythe blade piece was a sword piece. Still a dumb a** show, I only watched it because it was local, will not be watching again.

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
The youtube is SilverSlingers and I love them! She gets SO EXCITED about everything! My wife even watches their videos because of her.
Yes that is the one some rusty junk and she just thinks it is wonderful what a joke ..I saw part of one here on Tnet and turned it off fast ..

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
while I dont speak diggerese when I'm hunting.I dont risk injury after a find.I like the show.I like watching my you tube favorite hunters too.If I was retired I prolly wouldnt but when I cant hunt I get a semi fix by watching others hunt.kinda jacks me up to go when I can.THIS is the value of the show to me.
If I was offered travel around the country to hunt awsome sites I would have a hard time turning it down.I suspect most of the shows non-fans would feel the same.

In the defence of these guys(kg and ringy)they are EXACTLY the same as they were on their old anaconda treasure you tube vids.Same with the equipment they use.No one paid them then,they hawked their videos to support their passion.

Yup....I envy these guys.I applaud that they pulled off what I havent.I'm rooting for their success because they got it the old fashioned way...they friggin earned it on their own terms.

Hey ringy and KG...:occasion14:...well done...you pulled off the impossible..cheers
Now that is true they did a lot of hard work to get were they are ..And they use the same brand of detectors they used before the TV show .And they used the same expression's for what they found a long time before the TV show .. And now there are so many out there trying to be like them and get a TV contract . Not because they really love detecting but they want to be on TV... But the difference between Ringmaster and the King is they started way back and really do love detecting.. But myself can not get interested in detecting shows .. But i will say Ring & king worked hard and made it so Congrats to them..

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

They did pull off the impossible .... And you bet your butt the haters would be right there with them if they had a chance ......

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work too early to stay up that late to watch the shows, but I hope to catch them eventually. Nobody is perfect, but apparently, there seems to be some perfect people/detectorists right here on TreasureNet! I just hope that everyone that picks out the 'flaws' can also pick out good things with the show and/or people in it. I know I can tell everyone flaws that I have with my detecting skills and other things of my life... I read this thread hoping to maybe hear someone say, "hey guys, did you see that ______________, that the diggers found on the last show? Pretty cool, gets something that I found similar..."
Still waiting on that though. I can't cuz I can't watch the shows yet...

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah... My free time is used with my son detecting or playing or....?? If not with him, I get myself outside. After all, if it can be found in the dirt, I seem to like it... I just don't use a TV too much... :sly::confused:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like they included the Archys and they show their finds. Their is no $10,00.00 dollar arrowheads and fake stuff. I like the lingo, and antics dont bother me. I miss another pair of hunters also that no longer have a tv show. With all the new upgraded stuff out there, they will be upgrading soon if they want to keep up. I didn notice one brand name of detectors. All I can say different strokes for different follks. I have been down the last month or two, but healing nicely and will be back out there swinging. Im glad I had the show to keep me entertained for a little while anyway. Any show that shows our hobby in a good light is ok with me.

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO/Tesoro Sand Shark, NEL Storm Coil, Garmin GPS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never miss a show, yeah dvr's! I watch the show for a myriad of reasons with the first being a great history lesson. The second reason is that it gets me fired up to go detecting. Another reason is that I think my next find will be my best. Yeah, the guys get a bit over the top sometimes but if I had the chance to detect at some of the locations that they get permission to detect I might get a bit overwhelmed and do someting crazy. Roundness in the hole baby!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread