Snake Island Treasure

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I watched that last evening, and I'll admit I was dozing off, usually when a commercial came on. Over all it was pretty good. It's a unique looking island off Brazil, and of course there has to be some drama, so they are in danger of pirates, and they had to use sonar to find a wreck, so in the first episode they didn't get ashore. But they did find a wreck complete with cannon, and they were doing a little dredging on that. The story line is they had to find a 400 year old wreck as proof that they might find something ashore. What ever, I guess they need some sort of story. The scenes showing the wreck and the cannons were cool. All that said, the bloody island is loaded with pit vipers, and I don't know if I'll be able to watch when they go ashore, because you know they will have close encounters with the snakes. I mean, after all, it's TV. There isn't enough Inca gold on that island to get me to go there, I don't associate well with snakes. Especially with pit vipers that if they bite you, it will make your eyes bleed. The show kind of reminds me of movie serials from my childhood. They always had several men and one pretty girl that would invariably get in trouble and have to be rescued. So My guess is that the lone pretty girl on snake island will be wearing a bikini while all the guys are wearing snake leggins. But what do I know.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, I too stayed up with the match sticks holding my eye lids open. lol
They identified the island by using ariel photos and maps to compare the shape of the island with an old treasure map.
I think the dive was a waste of time. I was looking for the action on the island. There permit is only for 2 months.
Did you notice the condition of there ship. It looked like it got a fast white haul paint job almost down to the waterline
and some of the exterior wood looked downright rotten. Check out the bow sprint.
Yea, I heard from friends that have sailed down there. They still do have pirates. Frank

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only saw maybe the last 15 min but it reminded me of the show Gold Rush... Take two steps forward and something breaks or something happens.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched about twenty minutes of it and I think it is another T.V. show made to entertain the viewers, just like all the other ones. If they can get high enough ratings, as in viewers, they will make some money, if not then bye bye! Just my humble opinion. Good Luck!

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are right about the show produced to entertain. And, with all "reality" shows, you'd expect some excitement that might be a little overdone.
But, with thee small size of the island, with vertical cliff for walls, you'd feel a little crowded, with a healthy population of deadly snakes...! =\

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions