You can led a horse to water,but you cant make him drink

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can led a horse to water,but you can't make him drink

It's funny. People on t-net seem to know of these hot treasure areas, know the land and it's history and tell everyone. But can't seem to get anyone involved in the searching. But if I found a money wreck. Then I wouldn't need a investor to take most of my find. Why would I need a investor then. To lose big money in it's recovery. I would get a permit and a few friends to help. I would love to be a part of finding these treasures. But don't have the money or right gear to even go to the island and walk the flats. I have maybe a one mile area to still check out for Arthur Doane's 1/2 chest of gold and silver coins. This I believe is in a small bay here. That's my project. But their was a unidentified ship that was carrying 7 million in gold and silver coins near Monomoy Beach. Monomoy will be gone after our next winter storm. Plus theirs other unfound treasure ships here that haven't been checked out or found yet. With a lot of relics artifacts and treasure caches buried on Monomoy. When this island is gone. A lot of artifacts will start showing up. The island is for nesting birds in the summer. But the flat's is where you need to be now. With the channel running close to shore. This is where beach pirates lured unsuspecting ships to the rocks. Oh well that's more for me to metal detect this winter. Oh well. I'm just going to enjoy my own smaller projects.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unsure of thread meaning?
Are TNeters unwilling to participate in your treasure hunt?
Peace ✌

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing most people on T Net have their money invested in their lives and retirement with not a lot of extra to invest else where. Even Mel didn't find it easy getting and keeping investors.
It's not that they don't want to, they may not be able to. Then there are a few unbelievers.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When it comes to larger treasures - I think there is a reluctance on the part of a lot of people to join a group endeavor .
There are too many stories of interpersonal relations gone wrong to make it attractive . I personally favor a "Ninja"
approach to that subject - get in , get out , quietly , quickly , with no one else, or possibly one other .

( Frankie , whatever advice we hand out here - Never give up on your dreams !)

Last edited:

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
you can lead a horse to water.but if you get him to lay on his back and float.you got somethin, good luck on you;re own

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hunting in the cape is to scary for folks like me who don't know the area well. Step on the wrong square foot of land out there and you may loose your detector and maybe more. Allot of federal land in the areas you mentioned.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
:icon_thumright: Keep enjoying your smaller projects and let us know what you dig up! :icon_thumright: Have Fun!

For me, meeting interesting people from all over the world as I detect our beaches here is as much of a perk as finding treasure small or large. One highlight was when a one-year-old boy who'd been watching me from a distance walked slowly over, put a small gentle hand on my detector and swung it sideways as though he'd had years of experience! :laughing7: Andi

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you can lead a horse to water.but if you get him to lay on his back and float.you got somethin, good luck on you;re own

If you lead a horse to water it will actually swim, and sometimes roll over. Stay out of the way when that happens

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink." Guess you never heard the old joke about 'bricking' a camel. lol

I am basically a lone wolf searcher, but I have teamed up with another one on a couple of searches. The more people involved, the more complicated the search.
Every thing has to be synchronized. Share portions become a problem, especially if you wind up doing the bulk of the work.
As far as permits and permission, that can be a problem and a real time consumer.
If you know the area it is so much easier to interpolate the clues. Names change over time and towns vanish.

Now I have had people come up to me and give me a good lead with all of the info they have dug up. They have run into a dead end.
If it looks good, I will add additional research and if found split 50/50.

I guess it's all in your mode of operation comfort zone so to speak. Frank
IMG_8928-700.jpg This is my present partner, Blue

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing most people on T Net have their money invested in their lives and retirement with not a lot of extra to invest else where. Even Mel didn't find it easy getting and keeping investors.
It's not that they don't want to, they may not be able to. Then there are a few unbelievers.
People can't use TreasureNet to raise funds anyway....

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know. He is looking for interested people that want to go into the adventure with him, and was discussing what he needed, not soliciting funds.
My clad fund doesn't count Lol!

You guys would laugh your selves silly if you could see what auto correct inserts in my posts at times it is hilarious!

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy everyone had a lot to say on this subject. I really think theirs not enough people in Ocean projects. Then theirs treasure hunting and ship recovery. I'm sure they don't want to pal around with me on small projects to them. You need to be in the right place on the recovery stock list. Most important ships first before they look at family project's. So I'm searching beach wrecks when I can. I also have my coin project in the bay. Then when hell breaks lose here. Stuff will show up all over. I can only do so much. It would be fun to have other's help with these projects. Or I just hope someone will get it and remember me when something big is found. To salvage these inshore beach wrecks has to be low cost until you get lucky. And being first we will find a lot of different stuff. You also would be having fun finding object's all the time until you get lucky with something big. For me. All I need to do is to detect a few nice coins in one of these wrecks. My friend had beginners luck and found a pearl handle star gazer. I don't need a 10 million dollar wreck like the big boy's. In shore is easy and fun for people who might not want to retire yet who live here. Little money can be a lot to some people. While others want the big important wrecks that cost big money to get big money. I'm thinking ,lower over head, bigger rewards. Theirs wrecks cargo here to be had. The question is! How much money does a person really need to live? Since the gold doesn't back the dollar now. Seems everyone is after it in all kinds of weird places. Every Ship carried some money and my beach just opened up. But my 4 wheel drive ,permit treasure hunting friend is getting a operation. Hope for speedy recovery. Not for the reason your thinking. I'm in no hurry. Then their the island where buried hoards of everything should be . Then a 7 million dollar treasure is missing right in that area. Ship was Never found and people have looked. So when that island is gone. Wrecks will show up with who knows what else. I'm hoping artifacts find a honey hole to gather in. I've work digging for 3 hours straight pulling up coins and crosses in one of these honey holes. I'm trying to get people excited and something to look for and do as far as treasure leads, low cost fun with big rewards. Maybe some one in the area is interested. I'm just really excited about this sand change. I could use some good help and gear. Theirs people out their who just don't want to retire and are looking for some excitement and projects in this area. No money involved. I'm not trying to cause any problems or break any rules. It would just be nice to recover some of the lost treasures here. I believe their ton's of stuff inshore. Their must be at least one cannon wreck, or what about all the unrecorded wrecks and smuggler's. It ends up in the inshore areas. Wrecks might even be gone. But the treasure is around. I will never give up and I'm in no hurry. I'm on cape cod where theirs ton's of my kinds of wrecks to detect. So I say you can lead a horse to water. Change will happen big time this winter. So come one come all and bring your horse.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can lead a horse to water...

And the damn thing hits the Coca Cola button instead.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink." Guess you never heard the old joke about 'bricking' a camel. lol

I am basically a lone wolf searcher, but I have teamed up with another one on a couple of searches. The more people involved, the more complicated the search.
Every thing has to be synchronized. Share portions become a problem, especially if you wind up doing the bulk of the work.
As far as permits and permission, that can be a problem and a real time consumer.
If you know the area it is so much easier to interpolate the clues. Names change over time and towns vanish.

Now I have had people come up to me and give me a good lead with all of the info they have dug up. They have run into a dead end.
If it looks good, I will add additional research and if found split 50/50.

I guess it's all in your mode of operation comfort zone so to speak. Frank
I am a lone wolf hunter also never want any one with me .. And that means i never have any problems , trouble or headache's... And that is the way i like it...

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankie I hope some of the local TH'ers who divers respond to your treasure quest. Sounds exciting.
I would if I could.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions