Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
im in mountain mining area...super high mineralization...pro pointer works just fine here...cheers

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get the AT Propointer. It's a much better pointer in a lot of ways. We can help you when you are ready for one. :)

BFR

Oct 7, 2014
Lower thumb knuckle Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked one up yesterday. Cut my searching the hole to 1/4 of the time! I get twice the trash in half the time.LOL And I did get the AT pinpointer.

BFR

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get the Garrett Pro pointer AT. There is a video out there somewhere on how to ground balance it. It's pretty much just turning it on while its touching the soil.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get the new one. They seem to have fixed the problems that a lot of us had with the old one.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have both the Pro Pointer and Pro Pointer AT (Garrett Carrot), they work very well under some rather tough conditions. On the black Pro Pointer, I placed a standard band-aid over the speaker then wrapped with black electrical tape, no problem with hearing the sound. As for the LED, you can use any transparent sealer (sold in tubes) to prevent water penetration into the interior.

I also, purchased a Pin Pointer plastic sleeve (prevents water from entering the device) for another Black Pro Pointer from Ebay (~ $5.00 dollars), as of this writing, all has been well with it.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just the fact the AT Pointer doesnt have that shiiiiiiiiiii rubber button makes it well worth it. Plus i was impressed Garrett didnt try and mark them up to some crazy prices....I love the AT pinpointer. I was using it on the beach looking for targets under water one night for well over an hour and never had any issues

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread