Another small personal loss.... But weve all (most) been here!

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry about your loss. Reading all these posts caused me to remember past dogs and horses I've owned, and my eyes are sweating. I feel for you. One of my past dogs was a blue healer, and when she got old and stove up she would spend most of her time in the shade, sleeping. But if she saw me with a lead rope, she knew I was going to
catch up a horse, and that was it, she was going along, and I always let her go. She was all heart.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Sometimes your pals even from the graves you dug for them will return in your dreams.
Still the same but they now live separately, on their own. You can visit with them and hold
them in your arms for a little while but they go always go back to the timeless place in
your heart.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to learn more sorrow has come your way. You've had a tuff year.
Mend as best you can.
Peace ✌

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm lost without multiple dogs around.
Hate few things but the contract of short lives is one of them.
Dogs will choose someone to hang with, given the chance.
Hard to see em go.
Hang in there.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey folks.... All of ya. Those of us who have had a dog from birth (early life) and developed that "bond" through years all know losing them reallllllllllllllllllly sucks. I was like a little girl again yesterday (maybe today) because of that bond. Damn it hurts to loose such a faithful buddy. I know MANY of ya have and I'm not the first nor the last. And for all you folks who posted about their lost dogs I appreciate it.

I got a black lab mix named "Mamma Dog" right now who's back hip is failing quickly. And I know we've all got/had a dog who just wordships the ground upon which you walk. I don't know why a certain dog just latches on to ya.... but Mamma Dog did to me and still. If I lie she'll swear to it.... we're very tight. You know guys/gals we need to start a thread to honor our pass dogs.

This has been a real tough year for me and family on a personal basic. Lost my daughter & grandson together in Feb., then another dog called Shar in May and now Bubba. But I know I'm not the ONLY person who's experienced personal loss from family and canine.

We live in the middle of "nowhere" and have had many dogs show up. Some leave, some are run off from the other dogs and some just hang around to make sure it "ok" to come up to the deck and eat despite the resistance from the other dogs. And to all you folks who have and/or attempted to help a dog my hats off to ya. I bet my wife and I have had since 94' 25-30 dogs come through our homestead... It's not cheap to properly take care of them we all know.

But damn they get into your personal feeling and that's a good thing. They ground you and show you what's important.... Thank's all ............. Brad

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are family.

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have all been there. My dog is like my child, really. When I lost the last one I thought , no more. Cannot go through that ever again. But, the house is empty without a dog, so yes I have another. I worry what will happen to him if we go first. We are not young.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, I don't want to go there!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a soft spot for boxers too Brad as that was the first breed of dog my family owned when I was just as small girl. I'm sorry you and Bonnie lost your fur baby.Gentle hugs for you both.

JimmyJamJar

Greenie
Jul 2, 2015
On the Murray River, in the State of Victoria, Aus
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro. + Nokta RS PP.
Primary Interest:
Other
I know exactly how you feel Brad, the same thing happened to us 12 months ago it is very hard to take when you have had them for so long.
I have dug this out of my e-Mail sent items:-

We have had a Bereavement.

Molly passed away yesterday at 2PM AEST. aged 11 years
She died within half an hour and passed over very very calmly.
We have buried her under the tree next to Britches the cat an Chooky the dog.
Loved friend and companion of Sam, Shelley, Jim, Jackson, Bella, Jamie, and Jason.
We will miss you Molly

Shelley cried
I patted and watched Molly die peacefully on the lounge room floor and my heart cried
Sam is very sad and sooking.

(Sam is not sooking any more we have a new mate for him)

I cried while writing this, hope you feel better soon --------- Jimmy.

Meadow

May 27, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm so sorry. Our small friends don't just have a piece of our heart, they have a piece of our souls. The only consolation is that the love you've had is never gone.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm so sorry to hear about all of your losses. I have two yorkies, a papillon, and a bichon frise mix. I cannot even think about the day that I lose one of them. I will keep you in my prayers.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brad,

Sorry to hear of your loss. The last duty of a dog owner is the worst. When they tell you "It's time" there is no pleasant way out of that awful responsibility.

Here are a couple links to Rudyard Kipling poems that will either help or at least let you get some of the tears out.

Danger - I had to clean my glasses off several times in collecting the links to these three.

Poetry Lovers' Page - Rudyard Kipling: "The Power of the Dog"

Poetry Lovers' Page - Rudyard Kipling: Dinah in Heaven

This last one is attributed to Kipling; powerful in any case.

A Kipling Poem

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Waiting till tomorrow for canine cardiologist to be in.
One of the girls keeps falling over when any exertion is tried. Good spirits though.
One of our champions producing foundation's mamma.
Vet said give her lasix from another dogs meds.
The last one to go was rough,before and at the vet's at the end.
Others are similar in age.
Just don't seem to get used to it.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How can you Not get attached to something like this? Even when you're a D....head your dog still loves ya

Attachments

• 1437680407093.jpg
    1437680407093.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 57

Floristweb

Feb 21, 2015
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry Brad and Bonnie,

What a precious sweet dog he was. Know that his life was greatly blessed by you, and vice versa. I feel blessed to have met him. He was a true love muffin.

Hugs and sympathy to you.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing, Limitool........sorry for your losses.........
There's no way to accept the death of family member. Having a strong faith helps.........
You gave your buddy a lifetime of love and got the same in return..........quite a bargain...........

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand your attachment. My dear old friend Max awaits my departure in a tin on our fireplace mantel. Our ashes will be put together, and if my parrot preceeds me in death, she will join us. Yep, we love our pets. Sorry for your loss. Kevin

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My heart goes with yours Brad
I never had dealings with a boxer until this spring, my son brought one home to babysit
That dog was the most playful creature I ever have met, she loves playing and never got tired of it, wore me out I'll say!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Brad, I raised boxers for over 20 years..I had 7 that were mine and raised dozens of pups I sold....Great dogs..

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Had boxers most of my life.....their amazing. Rather hang out with one of them than most people I know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread