Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took the plunge and ordered a new AT pro from Barts. Got the Lesche as well as the 5X8 coil. In hindsight it would have been nice if I ordered the t-handle Lesche Samson instead since I already have a Lecshe, but none of my treasure hunting pals have one, so they can use my spare. I'm grateful to Bart's for giving me a killer deal on the package, and cant wait to detect with this setup.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent choice, Doc. You will not regret it.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup. Agreed.
The ATPro is a great machine. Mine is well outta warranty and not a single problem.
Learn machine in pro-mode. It may take a bit longer, but well worth it.
Keep us posted on your progress.
GL
Peace ✌

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sound decision to include the 5x8 coil. I prefer to use my AT in pro zero. Good luck.

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO/Tesoro Sand Shark, NEL Storm Coil, Garmin GPS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats as you got a first class setup from a first class no bundles guy!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Doc,

The AT Pro is a fine machine, I use both the AT Pro and Gold for relic hunting old historical places. As the others have stated, learn the pro-mode to get the best out of the machine.

The settings I use: Mode: Pro, iron disc: 15-23 iron audio: on (very chatty, but I like it) and Sens: one notch from max. I do change them depending on the site and type of hunting.

Regards,

Doc

OP
OP
Dr. Witty

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I've had the AT Pro since last Wednesday and I'd just like to say that this machine is AWESOME!! I love the advanced features of this detector over my Ace 250. So far I'm operating it in Pro mode, coins setting with the iron at the default 35. I don't want to find iron so that my reasoning behind that, but if I go to zero mode and lower the discrim. down to down to 15-23 like the Professor stated can I expect to find more of the good stuff, or is that more geared towards relic hunting? I have the 5x8 coil on and have not even tried the default coil. I've already found a silver ring at the beach with this thing, nothing too spectacular, but it was a cool find. Next week I will be heading to Upper New York in the Thousand Islands to search for my friends mom's engagement ring that she lost in 6 feet of water. She was sitting in her boat at the dock and when she pulled it off (for some strange reason) it popped out of her hand and into the water. It's been down there for 3 years. I plan on bringing my scuba gear, and I plan to find this ring. I'll keep you posted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread