What choice would you make

mjphoto54

Jun 17, 2013
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Omega 8000, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been 20 years since I've had a metal detector. I'm ready to start up again and see what I can find. I've budgeted $1000 to purchase new detector. I'm interested as to what detector any of you would get. I'm leaning towards Nokta Fors Core but would like to hear others opinions on what to spend that money on.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been 20 years since I've had a metal detector. I'm ready to start up again and see what I can find. I've budgeted $1000 to purchase new detector. I'm interested as to what detector any of you would get. I'm leaning towards Nokta Fors Core but would like to hear others opinions on what to spend that money on.
You need to tell us what kind of hunting you want to do before we can help...

FYI, the Fors CoRe is a really good detector.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
mjphoto54

mjphoto54

Jun 17, 2013
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suppose that would help wouldn't it.... Probably 90% would be coin hunting. Hunting farm houses, parks, old buildings. I'm in east central Illinois.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used Whites DFX, under $424.

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites DFX is one of my "go to" machines in older sites on relic mode. Great machine.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
whichever you get you may consider an optional small(sniper)coil for those farm houses.my at pro works very well in the hunting you describe and you will have enough in budget to get a sniper coil, a samson tee handle shovel,an at propointer,digger bag,lesche knife digger and more.
a good pinpointer is an absolute must if you plan to hunt much,huge time and effort savor.

cheers,welcome !!!!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
almost forgot to mention...the supporting vendors here on t-net take care of us REALLY well.I most highly recommend using one of them.

OP
OP
mjphoto54

mjphoto54

Jun 17, 2013
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate that advice. Definitely go with vendor on here.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't spend all the $1000 right off on one, maybe under 500 then you could upgrade later. I use White's and recommend it, but I'm not prejudiced, and I think some other companies make some fine machines.

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with getting the Nokta Fors Core.
I recently got one and I couldn't be happier with it. I hunt the beach mostly but can see that it would also be a great relic machine.
The descrimination on the Core is great and it will pick out good metal (coins) next to iron all day long.
If I were you I would look at all the videos on youtube about this machine. The recovery speed is amazing also. There's a video on TNet here that
shows how amazing the recovery speed really is on this machine. I'm glad I didn't get an ATPro, it was one I had considered........I do believe the Core is a better machine.
I've had Garrett's, White's and Fisher's over the years (45 yrs) and this one machine is more versatile than others with the abilty to handle high mineralization (gold fields), beach mode for salty minerialized areas, and anywhere in between. The depth is awesome also. I have the Ace250 which found me a lot of gold in Tennessee, and a Whites Tracker E......but they sit at home while I go to the beach. I'm not hating on the ATPro.....I know a lot of people on here have them and like them. Videos should help you to make up your mind.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread