Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being I live close to El Paso, I would fear for my safety.

Casca hit the nail on the head. No way would I go to Mexico with 10k detector and be led into the desert to search for treasure. Sorry, but this deal makes me nervous.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if I go to mexico I would be lucky to return home without being held for ransome.mexico is the most corrupt place in the world.I wish you luck but no way I'm meeting a stranger in a screwball country like mexico

We have members from all over the World including Mexico.

Perhaps one or 2 of them will see & Respond.

He has as much right to ask for help as someone from Canada , England, Australia or even California does.

& Members: Please don't insult Mexico or any other country.
unless you are 100% ok with Members insulting your,
and your families places of Birth !
we are all Earthlings.
and there is only 1 forum here for politics

Last edited:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
fair enuf...I apologise

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have friends qo hunt in Mexico. They find great stuff. You wont see them posting on here. I get invites all the time. You just need to know the rules and speak the lingo. Just know the dangers folks. I would love yo go to Mexico for a treasure hunt, and have a offer on the table besides this one. Just waiting for back to heal and getting funds. The spanish trails go from Sante fe, to Mexico City and beyond. HH

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok,I'm marking this thread, so I can see all the gold bars & coins posted later.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Ok, I'll be like bigfoot and apologize too. Just suffice it to say that certain cultures for some reason, tend to be more steeped in any tale of treasure they get told. Guess we can say something like that, but not mention the individual name of any country.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just don't like the premise. It has nothing to do with any particular country. Bring your 10k detector and we'll go hunt for treasure in the desert (or in the woods or in the mountains). When we find gold, we'll split the profits! All I can think of is the storyline from "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre".

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And why hasn't anyone asked the OP how he's "97% sure" he knows where the gold is? I think that would be my first question to ask if I were getting into this deal.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And why hasn't anyone asked the OP how he's "97% sure" he knows where the gold is? I think that would be my first question to ask if I were getting into this deal.

Because your the 3%....lol

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it comes down to never , Ever accuse a member of anything ,
or even hint that a member is not as honest as you.

the warning on authenticity still applies with a little rearrangement of wording.

TreasureNet - Real Or Fake?

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold72, how can you be "97%" sure where any gold is? Just a simple question and not an attack on your honesty.

OP
OP
G

GOLD 72

Jul 24, 2015
CD Obregon Sonora Mex.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Colorado Gold Sticks Discovery Treasure Finder 900
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
it comes down to never , Ever accuse a member of anything ,
or even hint that a member is not as honest as you.

the warning on authenticity still applies with a little rearrangement of wording.

TreasureNet - Real Or Fake?

Umm didnt no i was.. If i affended any body u hav my sencirest appoligy

OP
OP
G

GOLD 72

Jul 24, 2015
CD Obregon Sonora Mex.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Gold72, how can you be "97%" sure where any gold is? Just a simple question and not an attack on your honesty.

YA no problem i complitly understand ...good ? i would hav asked the same i have a friend that in his mom and dad;s house his great gmaw burried more than 200 gold coins and2 bars he;s dad seen all this when he was a boy and his great gmaw told he daughter and so on...another 1 same friend his great gpaw had a friend his friend didnt hav any family just his 1 friend but he did have a lot of cows and land and everyonce in a while he liked 2 pull out the cott and fill it up with gold coins he friend my buddys great gpaw seen this on more than 1 ocasion b4 the gentelman died he told his friend he burried the coins my buddys grandad bought the land 4 this reason now this man [[[my buddy ]]] is 50 somthing he has been a friend 4 many years he is stright up honest man no reason 2 lie weve checked these places but with my Whites XLT and my Colorado Gold Sticks but the Whites dont hav the depth we need and i could not get the colorado Gold Sticks 2 work 4 me ...hope i satsified ur courosity if not would or u hav ?;s love 2 hear from u again tks 4 asking wish u the best of luck God Bless

OP
OP
G

GOLD 72

Jul 24, 2015
CD Obregon Sonora Mex.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Jason, can I save you a ton of time ? Mexico superstition lore is jam-packed with "sure-fire-treasures" everywhere. Everyone down there is certain that treasures most certainly lurk in every cave, ruin, etc.... Conquistadors, pancho villa, blah blah blah . And they're all silly embellished legend.

Where I live in central coast CA, is lots of agriculture. As a result, a lot of emigrant labor comes here for jobs. So I have met scores of folks born there, and moved up here. And ... yup .... they've all got treasure stories like yours "if only we had a metal detector that could detect 2 to 3 meters deep!".

At first I was always spell-bound by the stories. Each one packed with "iron-clad proof". So eventually I joined up with an employee friend , who took me deep into the mountains of the Sierra madres. Little mountain towns that were 300+ years old , where the Spanish had mined gold. People living in old adobe homes that were hundreds of years old. Churches from the 1700 & 1800s, etc... But when we got there, and I started inquiring more deeply about the treasure leads we were there to pursue, turns out they all fall apart. They were all of the sort like "he said that she said that they saw, that he said, that ....... ", well, you get the picture. Supposed treasures that were found already, when you went to try to interview the person, well .... it turns out they didn't exactly see it themselves, but they knew the person who did. So you go to try to track down THAT person. And ... well , it turns out they too didn't exactly see the treasure. But they knew someone else who did! And so on and so forth, till you finally realize THERE WAS NO TREASURE. Yet when it gets told over and over, before you know it, it's "200 bars of gold" blah blah blah

So I have come to conclude that all the mexican treasure lore, is of the same sort as the Philippine yamashito type stuff. Fun campfire stories, but total bologna. I know you won't believe what I'm telling you, because the lore is that deep. But ... I tried.

no i completly agree ther r so many storys and iv chased a lot of them 2 the same place no where he said she said i get where u r coming from but the history is there and so is the treasure where im talkin about they hav pulled out 3 allready that i no of and 1 thing that helps a lot is living here i no ppl that have seen gas fire come out of the ground. Ok short verson so u can get an idea. There was this mining town 2 sweet mines the records show they took a lot of gold bars 2 Alamos 2 b changed in 2 coinsso we no the mines were prodective the indians came in killing every body the town fought them off this happened 3 time till the rest gave up and left when a bounch of the ppl left i no where the put up home lots of places gas fire comes out of the ground after wat happened u no they burried there gold..so i understand where u r coming from it can b exausting over whellming but i beleve there is some out there my not b much but some ..wish u the best of luck God Bless

OP
OP
G

GOLD 72

Jul 24, 2015
CD Obregon Sonora Mex.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
PS: After hunting for 3 weeks at various Chihuahua desert and Sierra Madre locations, we did find individual coins as far back as the mid 1800's. But no caches.

If you really want to pursue it, get yourself a two-box Whites TM 808 detector. It won't find objects smaller than a soda can. Thus the perfect discriminator for all the pesky coin, nail, pulltab, etc... sized stuff. Since you're only looking for "big game" anyhow.[/Cool good find ok i hav a ? im getting a Descovery treasure findre 99 two box can u give me any imfo on it?

OP
OP
G

GOLD 72

Jul 24, 2015
CD Obregon Sonora Mex.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My F75 dropped 30 feet into a bush, got ya on depth lol.

Sounds like a great trip. Being I live close to El Paso, I would fear for my safety. I am definitely not driving my truck into Mexico, but would love to hear some of the stories and why you think there is gold coins there that no one else has got? The equipment you are looking for is not cheap, and I dont have access to any of it. I have helped others in Mexico via email. You dont need any expensive equipment. I would have to think on this ome. Its not that I dont believe you, just dont want to end up in a wooden box held hostage while you send body parts to my family asking for money.

Ok i hav 2 admit that made me laugh but bcause i complitly understand .u no mexico isant near as bad as ppl think think of it like NY there r streets we just dont go down here it;s the same..if iu do ever decide 2 come i will help u from 1 brother 2 another u hav my word nothing will happen that ur mama dont want 2 happen ..um just 4 that reason $ the detector i need is more expinsive than i can come up with and the ppl that live in this particular town dont hav it eather. tks 4 the commit best of luck God Bless

OP
OP
G

GOLD 72

Jul 24, 2015
CD Obregon Sonora Mex.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
ya not shure where u got ur imfo but seems a littel [lot] off but no harm no foul more 4 me lol good luck God Bless

OP
OP
G

GOLD 72

Jul 24, 2015
CD Obregon Sonora Mex.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Casca hit the nail on the head. No way would I go to Mexico with 10k detector and be led into the desert to search for treasure. Sorry, but this deal makes me nervous.

complitly understandible and yes i do recomend if u go 2 ant country it;s best 2 hav some 1 u can trust make ur trip more enjoyable bet of luck God Bless

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions