Enormous fire!

golddigger65

Feb 2, 2010
Northern Calif
Detector(s) used
Gold bug/Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
I live in northern Calif next to a large lake, Clearlake. A fire started a couple of days ago and is burning out of control. So far over 18000 acres have burned and no containment. Homes, ranches burned and mass evacuations are taking place. Right now the fire is burning just outside of the town of Clearlake, maybe a mile away and is heading towards many homes and town. Another small town here, Lower Lake is also in the path of the blaze. This has all the making of a disaster of epic proportions. I've lived here for over 50 years and have seen many fires in the National Forest but never anything like this one so close to towns and homes and never one so large as this!
National Guard is here as well as firefighters from all over the state and also from Idaho, Oregon, Washington and Montana. Over 1000 fighters on the ground. Smoke is very thick and the ash fall is getting worse by the hour. Other fires have started from embers blown on the wind. It's hot as hell was 106 degrees yesterday and 100 today.
Hoping our pastures don't light off from embers.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay safe golddigger! Are you going to have to evacuate? Been following this on the bay area news stations.

OP
OP
G

golddigger65

Feb 2, 2010
Northern Calif
Detector(s) used
Gold bug/Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you, no we are in good shape for now. I feel sorry for those that have lost everything and have only ashes to come home to.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
boy oh boy

I am praying hard for all of you right now.I had my own close call this summer already..http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/general-discussion/467392-friggin-drone.html

this is soo upsetting to me and I wish you luck and safety.for me it was soothing to post updates and feel somewhat anchored in a very chaotic episode in my life.

Just know there are folks here who really do care for your safety and outcome...again...good luck my friend

favored papa

Oct 6, 2009
mountain home Idaho
Detector(s) used
ace 250 dfx
DON'T RISK ANY THING YOUR STUFF IS REPLACEABLE. IF THEY SAY GO RUN.!! I do disaster work and after every hurricane some nit wit will say " they said it would be bad but we didn't believe them, cause it has never been THAT bad, before and we almost died. Better to leave early than late. Stay safe.
papa.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When it gets that bad crews come from all over to help.
Stay safe golddigger, our prayers for you and everyone over there in the fire area. Hope some rain falls and it cools off.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
do you ever wonder why people keep living in areas with so many disasters?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do you ever wonder why people keep living in areas with so many disasters?

I Wonder why California's Fires get so out of Control.
It can't be all Due to Dryness or the Santa ana's Is It ?

seems to me someone in charge is waiting to see if these fires will burn themselves out first,
Before sending anyone out to stop them in their infancy.

they blame people for the fires, so they don't all start where there are no roads.
and if a brush fire starts here, as soon as smoke is seen, Crews get called out

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
how can one state have so many fires because of drought and so many landslides due to rain?
Get out while you can peeps!!

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So how's it going for you?
Just viewed more news on the fires. No containment.
GL+ be safe.
Peace ✌

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys need a big hose from the ocean to help put that fire out.
Stay safe!

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in northern Calif next to a large lake, Clearlake. A fire started a couple of days ago and is burning out of control. So far over 18000 acres have burned and no containment. Homes, ranches burned and mass evacuations are taking place. Right now the fire is burning just outside of the town of Clearlake, maybe a mile away and is heading towards many homes and town. Another small town here, Lower Lake is also in the path of the blaze. This has all the making of a disaster of epic proportions. I've lived here for over 50 years and have seen many fires in the National Forest but never anything like this one so close to towns and homes and never one so large as this!
National Guard is here as well as firefighters from all over the state and also from Idaho, Oregon, Washington and Montana. Over 1000 fighters on the ground. Smoke is very thick and the ash fall is getting worse by the hour. Other fires have started from embers blown on the wind. It's hot as hell was 106 degrees yesterday and 100 today.
Hoping our pastures don't light off from embers.

I understand things are no doubt pretty hectic for you right now, but give us an update when you get a chance! Stay safe!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread