Central Florida
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The Conquistador Meets Stu Auerbach at Kellyco's 60th

Yes indeed, it was a grand day all around for over a thousand people!

Well planned, well executed, customer focused, tons of high dollar giveaways, representatives from all the major metal detector manufactures, celebrities, music, food, gold, silver and artifact treasures on display for everyone to see and swoon over. In short, it was a day like no other around here and I was duly impressed to say the least!

In my past lives with the Army and corporate America, I've been part of sponsoring organizations that put on such complex functions and let me tell you...they don't happen by accident. It takes months of detailed planning, hard work, long hours, coordination and cooperation by a myriad of folks from dozens of organizations to get this right and pull it off professionally. The Kellyco crew did it all to an exceptionally high standard...one of the very best I've seen frankly. Each Kellyco employee and family member had their part to play and they never stopped running all day long ensuring the guests had the best time possible.

Mr. Stu Auerbach and his entire family have just cause to be very proud of their 60 year history and of the entire Kellyco crew--past and present. Stu's 1955 vision was justly celebrated yesterday to the pure enjoyment of all in the treasure hunting world who were fortunate enough to be there.

One who was there did attract a significant amount of attention--a young volunteer and not part of the formal Kellyco crew was Dominic the Conquistador. A 19 year old Flaglar college student, he made the entire costume himself with the exception of the helmet, strolled around adding a period flavor to the day, posing with guests for photos and thoroughly enjoying himself.

At one point Stu grabbed him for the photo below. Dom was very impressed to meet the man who provided the wherewithal and made this hobby possible for Dom to enjoy with me...his grandfather.

To the entire Kellyco crew, I was proud to be a very small part of this celebration and I salute you. Your effort at giving us this day and particularly your dedication to and support of our grand hobby is very much appreciated more than you know! Outstanding job all around folks.

fb201f3d3e64e369834937c011657157.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story sir. Sounds like all of us should have been there. And I know you are very proud of your grandson as you should be. Thanks for sharing this story

OP
OP
ColonelDan

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Treasure Hunter worked his magic and properly reoriented the photo...thank you sir! :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great review, and here's the right way up. :)
Dom and Stu.JPG

OP
OP
ColonelDan

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
PepperJ

Thank you sir! TH copied your photo and used it to rectify the OP.

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
My friend and I stopped in and stayed about 15 minutes. Couldn't get in the front door, as there was a 2 hour wait because of the line to see the Digger fellows.

We went there try out a detector, and buy a couple of diggers, but the guy at the front door wouldn't let us in. We were told that only as people came out of the building could he let the same number of people inside the building. The line extended outside for quite a ways.

The door guard got busy on something else so we snuck in past him.

I tried to talk to a couple of vendors inside but it was impossible.

Maybe we will come back another day. But another 4.5 hour round trip, I don't know.

OP
OP
ColonelDan

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
G.I.B. I'm sorry to hear about your personal experience on that memorable day. There was indeed a tremendous crowd that's for sure and the inflow had to be controlled just so those inside could move around and of course there's always the Fire Marshal factor.

Please stop by again...the Kellyco showroom is amazing...with or without the crowds and celebrities. So much treasure, so many detectors and so much equipment is on display everyday that if you're a hard core treasure hunter, you'll find ample reason to drool!! :icon_thumright:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread