Ft. Lauderdale beach today..Holy crap, bottle cap!

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have hunted some freshwater beaches up here that are solid bottle caps and tabs. I have personally observed that most other guys who detect simply toss the trash back into the hole or onto the ground. Unfortunately that's the type of person this hobby attracts.

Thats bad. I want to add that the Treasure Coast beaches are possibly the cleanest in the world for several reasons. A different class of people live there and the beaches are the hardest hit by detectorists. The type that keep everything they find.

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats bad. I want to add that the Treasure Coast beaches are possibly the cleanest in the world for several reasons. A different class of people live there and the beaches are the hardest hit by detectorists. The type that keep everything they find.

Maybe it's the tourist that leave the most trash...I haven't figured it out yet. I would say the beaches are cleaner here on the treasure coast because the detectorist pick a lot of it up and I see some people come around and pick it up on a volunteer basis. Good people that hate to see a good thing gone bad. I don't mind picking it up... but like today....I will not pick up a dirty diaper.....sorry...but the low lifes that leave those on the beach shouldn't have kids. I was the only one on the beach this morning at 6:00 am so I did pick up 3 nice beach towels today. I can't figure out how someone can walk off the beach and leave $20 towels laying there half buried.......must be because of the bottle caps they left also!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it's the tourist that leave the most trash...I haven't figured it out yet. I would say the beaches are cleaner here on the treasure coast because the detectorist pick a lot of it up and I see some people come around and pick it up on a volunteer basis. Good people that hate to see a good thing gone bad. I don't mind picking it up... but like today....I will not pick up a dirty diaper.....sorry...but the low lifes that leave those on the beach shouldn't have kids. I was the only one on the beach this morning at 6:00 am so I did pick up 3 nice beach towels today. I can't figure out how someone can walk off the beach and leave $20 towels laying there half buried.......must be because of the bottle caps they left also!
You can get all types of good stuff left by beach goers out in front of the motels just before or after dark...towels, umbrellas, chairs, boogie boards, coolers, etc...I figure they buy the stuff while they are there and don't have room to take it back with them...especially if they came in on a plane.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Most champagne and caviar containers do not have pultabs or foil seals! Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread