Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Im so pissed. I went to my wife and told her I was holding history in my hand. I held out a 1732 KG2, an 1787 New Jersey Copper, and a 1809 Large cent. Her reply is the title, and my wife's disregard for my hard earned finds just pissed me off. British, State, and US coppers spanning the most important 75 or so years of US history is f-ing incredible. What gives?!?!

Just venting

Steve

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
THE ADMIRAL would say: "Big deal, 2-1/2 cents. Don't bring them in the house and wash your hands."

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Did you brush yourself off for ticks? Don't wash it in the sink as it's dirty and it'll plug up the drain. That's nice.

Though I have to admit that this statement is the winner: "When he gets too old to remember things, I'm going to take all his good finds and go around and bury them again so he can get a thrill digging them up again." Now folks that's love. :laughing7:

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next time she says something to you about something she is into, be it totally stupid and a waste of time, money or energy, consider your response very carefully before saying it! Fly catching with Honey is so much easier than vinegar!
If that approach is unbearable or just has been tried and does not work, remember it is better to be pissed off than pissed on!:laughing7:

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Im so pissed. I went to my wife and told her I was holding history in my hand. I held out a 1732 KG2, an 1787 New Jersey Copper, and a 1809 Large cent. Her reply is the title, and my wife's disregard for my hard earned finds just pissed me off. British, State, and US coppers spanning the most important 75 or so years of US history is f-ing incredible. What gives?!?!

Just venting

Steve

Mine has noticed after knowing her for almost 30yrs that my sense of ha-ha goes up after digging some good, that should be worth something.

JerseyDigger19

Apr 20, 2015
West Orange, NJ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife wants me to find a gold ring. She likes it when I find silver like a Mercury dime too, and she really appreciates "junk bling" like a pretty (but not valuable) angel pin I found. But show her an Indian Head penny and I get a comment like "You just spent two hours in that field and got all dirty just to find that little penny?"

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
It is sad that some people don't understand history. Ever heard these replys, "This was NOT supposed to turn into a scouting trip" "How come metal detecting revolves around everything you do!" "I'm not going near that poison ivy!" "You already hunted there a billion times, I do not feel like going a place you have already cleaned out!"

Here's my favorite "All I found was this weird piece of trash (Holds out complete shoe buckle frame)"

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Fly catching with Honey is so much easier than vinegar!

But fly catching works best with "Manure" :laughing7: I would go with honey though....

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I really don't know what to say... I think that you found killer stuff.

You should view it as a good thing. If she was into it, then you would have to take her to your best spots, and buy her a CTX, and when she didn't find anything, it would be your fault. You got it made brother! Treat her like a mushroom... keep her in the dark, and feed her horse manure!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just venting

Steve

Mines Much the Same, Unless is Jewelry for her.
Hey man I love your NJ Copper & What was it KG? Something.
I don't find such Historical Coins here in N, GA, Hence I know Very little about them. Heck I never have Dug a LC .
That 1809 is bad Arse too.
I def, Feel Ya on the Wife thing.:thumbsup:
Davers

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Why sir, I believe that you have been insulted.

I recommend that for immediate compensation and relief you purchase the newest and greatest metal detector that you can find.

Get the one that you always wanted. Prove to her that you are worth every penny! (and copper and farthing)

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I really don't know what to say... I think that you found killer stuff.

You should view it as a good thing. If she was into it, then you would have to take her to your best spots, and buy her a CTX, and when she didn't find anything, it would be your fault. You got it made brother! Treat her like a mushroom... keep her in the dark, and feed her horse manure!

Ahhh, good from bad. Good philosophy!!

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Soooooooooo, what's it worth? Every time.

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what what I get, " That's great, take that detecting junk out to the garage, and your'e tracking dirt in the house"

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is what what I get, " That's great, take that detecting junk out to the garage, and your'e tracking dirt in the house"

Solution is the ol' man cave, and having two bathrooms works well, need some privacy to wash up the better finds.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, when I come home the only thing he asks, is if I found any gold. He really doesn't want to bother looking at some dirty old coin with 17.. something on it....sigh.

What do you think my chances are of digging up a chest of gold and dragging it home...ya, I thought so...
So I continue being the family nut.

Aug 5, 2015
Detector(s) used
Entry level POS that I found in the thickets along a river.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your wife gave a damn about old coins she would be sharking your best spots.

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like your wife is a relative to my wife! Handed her an arrowhead once. Ya, she dropped it and it broke in half............Don't show her much anymore and she calls my detecting buddy my second wife! At least he buys beer.......:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread