Curious to know why so few women enjoy metal detecting ?....

hbeaton

Jun 4, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Brother Al--yawn is right, further scratching probably needed. I agree, the reasoning for this train of thought (or most trains of thought really) when boiled down is not really that complicated.

Nitric- prescribed gender roles that have been and continue to be reinforced by socio/cultural norms and billions in marketing annually. I got it.

As a side note, rereading the earlier posts resurrected here, I don't really know what the hell I was trying to say either ;) maybe I enjoyed wordsmithing or maybe it was late in the evening and as many on here can attest to, late evening/possible multiple vices of choice + tired + enthusiasm toward hobby = incoherent moments of psychosomatic brilliance (sure you can use that one if you want)

I will agree with Nitric on the unwelcoming aspect that sometimes threads like these take, and as I have seen with any threads here that go along long enough in regards to the opposite sex, that a wide gauntlet of responses always seem to creep in, mainly the getting hit on posts whether they be straight to point or carefully couched in a"different language that I didnt freaking understand" ;) not so much telling about our mutual shared interest in this great hobby but rather the human nature part of the continuing tragicomedy called life.

Last edited:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well if a detector geek can find a cute gal online that's shares his interest ...who can blame him if he asks if she is single? a gal like that is worth changing jobs and moving cross country for.... these days women that are a "good fit" for a outdoorsy type fellow are few and far between, way too many "mall rats" out there and not enough --farm / country gals

OP
OP
A

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silverslingers , I've looked at most of your youtube videos - Oh Yeah you're way into it !! Keep em coming . Cheers !

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know, this may just remain one of those un solved mysteries in life!
I don't like shopping either CoilyGirl. Fact is the family has to track me down and practically drag me to our Mother's Day gathering, because my detecting day is Sunday morning! If they held it Monday I would go quietly. Lol!

hbeaton

Jun 4, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
It's all good Nitric. Having a good laugh at my responses too! One of the sad realities about the rise of the internet is the lack of humanity involved, a great example of that is trying to read someone's true emotions through words on a screen. Even when clearly delineated in text, its damn near impossible to tell someone's true tone or what their eyes may tell you. You mentioned four letter word vernacular before? That's more my speed to be honest. It's clear, simple, to the point. No ambiguity.

If you have seen Tombstone and remember Val Kilmer's portrayal of Doc Holliday... his way with words where he could talk $&#^ in Latin just as well as English and his sarcastic, witty humor mixed in with frankness when the situation truly called for it...that's just my game.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all good Nitric. Having a good laugh at my responses too! One of the sad realities about the rise of the internet is the lack of humanity involved, a great example of that is trying to read someone's true emotions through words on a screen. Even when clearly delineated in text, its damn near impossible to tell someone's true tone or what their eyes may tell you. You mentioned four letter word vernacular before? That's more my speed to be honest. It's clear, simple, to the point. No ambiguity.

If you have seen Tombstone and remember Val Kilmer's portrayal of Doc Holliday... his way with words where he could talk $&#^ in Latin just as well as English and his sarcastic, witty humor mixed in with frankness when the situation truly called for it...that's just my game.

I agree completely!

We all come from different backgrounds and different experiences! That's what makes it fun!

I took a couple of posts out! After I thought about it? They did not come out the way I intended! And Ended up kind of Attacking. Was not my original intention. Late night nonsense, that when you read the next day makes no sense! :laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread