Fisher F2 vs Ace 250 (2015)

Which one is better in 2015 and on European soil?

• Ace 250

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Ace 350

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fisher F2

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Blitzriuriu

Aug 3, 2015
Latvia
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro 11DD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, I cant really decide which one to buy as my first detector. Initially I was about to get the Ace 250 but then I found out about Fisher F2. I read many good things about it, such as it has better coil, better "software" and better sound system. Everything seems better with F2 except for 2 things, it has less depth and where I live (Latvia, eastern Europe) I can not get it with 5 year warranty it supposedly has additional price tag.

So forum members, which one do you suggest?

I know these threads are all over internet, but they all are around 4 years old. And I find it quite silly to take information from nearly a half a decade old threads and websites. Maybe there is something even better than F2 and Ace 250 for the price tag? Please post it if there is!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am a Fisher guy, hunted most of last season with the F4. I believe you will be happy with either one, I like the sound of the Fisher products over the Garret tones and if I did get the F2 I'd want the DD coil package.

OP
OP
B

Blitzriuriu

Aug 3, 2015
Latvia
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro 11DD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a Fisher guy, hunted most of last season with the F4. I believe you will be happy with either one, I like the sound of the Fisher products over the Garret tones and if I did get the F2 I'd want the DD coil package.

F2.
Peace ✌
Thanks for the answers!

Also, I wanted to ask this for people who own the F2

Are there different models for the Fisher F2? When I look at very old threads, 7 years or so. People say that Garret is way better than F2, but on most recent ones nearly everyone says that F2 is better. Why is that? Are there upgraded versions of the F2?

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm a Fisher guy as well. I own the F2 and really like it. However, if I were you, I'd investigate the new Fisher F22-44 line. If I were buying my first MD again right now, I would buy the F44.

OP
OP
B

Blitzriuriu

Aug 3, 2015
Latvia
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro 11DD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a Fisher guy as well. I own the F2 and really like it. However, if I were you, I'd investigate the new Fisher F22-44 line. If I were buying my first MD again right now, I would buy the F44.
The price is 260 euros for it, way out of my budget :( Thanks for the suggestion though! I really appreciate it!

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't count out the Teknetics eurotek pro either. It's from the same Co. that makes Fisher and Bounty hunter machines. Also available with the DD coil as Loco-Digger suggested.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sooo many new competent detectors are available in yur price range.
Don't limit yourself.
Don't be brand specific.
Realize yur needs, ground conditions, usage in field, etc.
GL
Peace ✌

OP
OP
B

Blitzriuriu

Aug 3, 2015
Latvia
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro 11DD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sooo many new competent detectors are available in yur price range.
Don't limit yourself.
Don't be brand specific.
Realize yur needs, ground conditions, usage in field, etc.
GL
Peace ✌
Could you please name any? That would be great! I have been looking all over the internet but these seem to be the best in the price as far as I researched. Others have very little information available on the internet. Of course, most of the information is quite a few years old already and I just cant find any information about new metal detectors.

OP
OP
B

Blitzriuriu

Aug 3, 2015
Latvia
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro 11DD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't count out the Teknetics eurotek pro either. It's from the same Co. that makes Fisher and Bounty hunter machines. Also available with the DD coil as Loco-Digger suggested.
I will take a look about them, thanks! :)

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have used my wifes f2 quite a bit.mostly to figure it out and help her learn it.what a great machine.easy,capable in mineralised soil,decent target id and relatively deep.she did great with it.after getting the dd coil for it it became even more capable and much better target seperation.it did however throw the balance off a bit making it coil heavy.she didnt care and even kept using it sucessfully even after I got her an at pro.havent used the ace detectors but have hunted with folks swinging them and they seemed very capable and sturdy.

she finally made the switch to the atp but dearly loves that ol f2.its not going anywhere.

cons of the f2
1)cant use it near emi hot spots,especially cell towers and ham radio antennas.
2)forget it on wet salt sand or in shallow ocean water...cant do it(killer up in the dry sand tho)
3)preset ground balance makes it easy but in high iron soil you are gonna lose some depth
4)LOVES bottle caps...friggin loves them..stock 8"concentric coil and dd.was a little better with the 4" concentric sniper

all four of those cons are true of every entry level machine I have heard of so dont put too much a negative impression for them.by all means get the dual coil package but forget the pinpointer in the pkg...absolutely worthless.you WILL prolly end up getting a pinpointer,I recomend the garrett pro or at.great luck with both for me

it looks like the new f11 and f22 have replaced the f2.the f11 has some great features for a budget minded detector,check both out and get the most you can afford

good luck

Last edited:

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simply visit the "Brands" forum.
Even "head to head" comparisons are available.
GL
Peace ✌

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the Kellyco site. You can review 3 detectors specifications side by side on their site. They also allow you to select detectors in a price range or by manufacturer.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well my friend I own both Garret and Fisher detectors. You will not go wrong with either one. With your soil over there, I suggest the Fisher F44. Also minlab has the gofind series of detectors that will fit your budget. I own the Fisher F75 and the Garret AT Pro and the Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202. Having friends over there you may want to join a club and see what they are using. They may even let you borrow a detector. Even though I love my new AT Pro, and my Garret Pro pointer which I have had for years. I will tell you get the Fisher F2, those guys take good care of me. Garret has excellent service also. But Fisher is my goto brand. I feel the Fishers are built a tad bit better. Also if you say a few kind words to Tim or one of the Fisher reps, they may throw in a hat for free. I would do a little more research of what works in your soil also. Good luck.

OP
OP
B

Blitzriuriu

Aug 3, 2015
Latvia
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro 11DD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used my wifes f2 quite a bit.mostly to figure it out and help her learn it.what a great machine.easy,capable in mineralised soil,decent target id and relatively deep.she did great with it.after getting the dd coil for it it became even more capable and much better target seperation.it did however throw the balance off a bit making it coil heavy.she didnt care and even kept using it sucessfully even after I got her an at pro.havent used the ace detectors but have hunted with folks swinging them and they seemed very capable and sturdy.

she finally made the switch to the atp but dearly loves that ol f2.its not going anywhere.

cons of the f2
1)cant use it near emi hot spots,especially cell towers and ham radio antennas.
2)forget it on wet salt sand or in shallow ocean water...cant do it(killer up in the dry sand tho)
3)preset ground balance makes it easy but in high iron soil you are gonna lose some depth
4)LOVES bottle caps...friggin loves them..stock 8"concentric coil and dd.was a little better with the 4" concentric sniper

all four of those cons are true of every entry level machine I have heard of so dont put too much a negative impression for them.by all means get the dual coil package but forget the pinpointer in the pkg...absolutely worthless.you WILL prolly end up getting a pinpointer,I recomend the garrett pro or at.great luck with both for me

it looks like the new f11 and f22 have replaced the f2.the f11 has some great features for a budget minded detector,check both out and get the most you can afford

good luck
Another con might be the depth compared to ace 250. Most videos and old threads claim that ace 250 has few more inches in depth.

Thanks for the info! I checked out the F11 but I can not find any user reviews about it. Looks like interesting machine though. And F22 in Latvia is still overpriced compared to their homepage.

Simply visit the "Brands" forum.
Even "head to head" comparisons are available.
GL
Peace ✌
Thanks for the suggestion, somehow iImust have missed that section of the forum. Thanks!

I use the Kellyco site. You can review 3 detectors specifications side by side on their site. They also allow you to select detectors in a price range or by manufacturer.
Thanks! I checked out the site and it is really great! Only thing that is missing is that there are no info about the default coil depth.

Well my friend I own both Garret and Fisher detectors. You will not go wrong with either one. With your soil over there, I suggest the Fisher F44. Also minlab has the gofind series of detectors that will fit your budget. I own the Fisher F75 and the Garret AT Pro and the Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202. Having friends over there you may want to join a club and see what they are using. They may even let you borrow a detector. Even though I love my new AT Pro, and my Garret Pro pointer which I have had for years. I will tell you get the Fisher F2, those guys take good care of me. Garret has excellent service also. But Fisher is my goto brand. I feel the Fishers are built a tad bit better. Also if you say a few kind words to Tim or one of the Fisher reps, they may throw in a hat for free. I would do a little more research of what works in your soil also. Good luck.
I have found a few clubs and I met with people who use metal detectors, most people here use the Ace products. And there are very few people who sell used Fisher detectors. So that might be an indication that Fisher detectors are not very well suited for the soil over here. Or nobody is selling them because they are so good :laughing7:

Thanks for the info! I will check out local places where I can try to test these detectors in live action and see how well they do.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loco-Digger has provided great info.
I often use KellyCo's comparison page. Check it out!
GL
Peace ✌

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread