Finally saw an old find in use on television. Car guys take note!

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Years ago I found this set of wings from an old radiator cap and I don't even remember where. I do remember the overload signal I got when my XLT swung over it! I've looked on the internet from time to time and never found an identical piece, but I think I spotted a match on "American Pickers" this week. I held mine up in front of the TV screen as Mike and Frank stood in front of a 1931 Ford with what appears, to me anyway, to be the same product. Mine actually has 1587 stamped on the back; either a part number or serial number. Anyone know if these have much value or are in demand for a restoration? So, this isn't Today's Find but I did see a match today.

Attachments

• wings.jpg
    wings.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 105
  • wings2.jpg
    wings2.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 101

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Years ago I found this set of wings from an old radiator cap and I don't even remember where. I do remember the overload signal I got when my XLT swung over it! I've looked on the internet from time to time and never found an identical piece, but I think I spotted a match on "American Pickers" this week. I held mine up in front of the TV screen as Mike and Frank stood in front of a 1931 Ford with what appears, to me anyway, to be the same product. Mine actually has 1587 stamped on the back; either a part number or serial number. Anyone know if these have much value or are in demand for a restoration? So, this isn't Today's Find but I did see a match today.

Pretty cool find. A couple months ago I found a Ford Model A tailight. A week after finding it I saw a Ford Model A driving down the road with the same kind of taillight.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!
I've found a few car parts, but haven't seen them in action yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread