Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None!
I hate 'em.
Although I normally detect areas where they're not required.
I do have a set of Jolly Rogers, that cancel so much noise I get paranoid cause I can't hear my surroundings.
Many wireless "buds" can now be used w most detectors w near zero lag.
GL
Peace ✌

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GGA's, Black Widows, and Jolly Rogers depending on which machine I'm using.

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just for your amusement, These are what I've been using for the past couple of years :laughing7: headphones 005.JPG headphones 006.JPG

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Grey Ghost on the F75, Grey Ghost Amphibians on the ATPro, and stock Garrett's on the old GTAx

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None!
I hate 'em.
Although I normally detect areas where they're not required.
I do have a set of Jolly Rogers, that cancel so much noise I get paranoid cause I can't hear my surroundings.
Many wireless "buds" can now be used w most detectors w near zero lag.
GL
Peace ✌

What he said!

I like the little ear bud type. For a few reasons,

They are light!
When you catch the wires on something they pop right out!
when it is hot out? My ears don't have a slimy sweaty thing moving all around on them!
The biggest, reason? So, I can leave one out and hear my surroundings easier too!

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, them Garretts tend to fall off.
But my head is small cause of my miniscule brain. ;)
Peace ✌

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Couple of pair of Grey Ghost NDT, no question asked warrantee, quick turn around on repairs. That being said I can never understand not wearing headphones, in any public area detecting without them it would be like a big noisy target for every nosey human big and small to bug ya. Been detecting in the bush forever and not afraid of wearing headphones, still in the parks one can hear voices, autos, and the surroundings, anything else well I figure it's not worth the risk and there's calmer waters elsewhere.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Couple of pair of Grey Ghost NDT, no question asked warrantee, quick turn around on repairs. That being said I can never understand not wearing headphones, in any public area detecting without them it would be like a big noisy target for every nosey human big and small to bug ya. Been detecting in the bush forever and not afraid of wearing headphones, still in the parks one can hear voices, autos, and the surroundings, anything else well I figure it's not worth the risk and there's calmer waters elsewhere.

Yeah, I had to leave a park once because of a whole family of Haitians that kept following me with the old man of the group asking " Why does it cry? Why is it crying?" every time it gave a tone. He was driving me crazy lol. Wasn't the kids.

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's so amusing? They look like a good pair of headphones to me. They would probably sound great on my Sovereign.

For the money, they are decent phones. They get the job done. It's just that I've hung the cord up a couple of times on some brush and pulled it out of the muffs. Had to re solder this set several times. Looking for a sturdier pair for my relic machine.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The stock Garrett headphones kinda suck, as the molding falls off easily... the gray ghost amphibians are solid. Real glad I got them

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lightweight earmuffs style that are sold for use with tablets, about $15 a pair. You need to buy a 1/8 to 1/4 adapter to plug them in.

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 3: Garretts, Grey Ghosts, and Treasure Quest.
The Garrett Land muff have a large ear opening and good cushions. As was said, the muffs get loose after a while and can fall off if you're not careful. Otherwise, quite comfortable and clear. $28
The Grey Ghosts are like the industry standard for MD muffs. Comfortable, solidly built, very clear and loud. $120
The Treasure Quests were a throw in with an MD that I bought. Small muffs, but almost equal to the Garretts. $25
Out of all of them, I can wear the Garretts the longest before I get sore ears. The GGs are tight behind them, just a bit stiffer muffs. The TQs are my loaners, I don't use them.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the large muff type, mine says koss.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the blue waterproof phones over the Standard Garret phones. They're more comfortable and the muffs don't fall off like those do.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Detector Pro Black Widows where I'm comfortable and D.P. Rattler one earpiece where I'm not. Both are excellent.

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too many to list. All are really good. Really depends on the person. We have had good luck with the B's and Grey Ghost.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions