Posting on the forum

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U can click on Quote, then reply and it will show in the message box....HH

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
steelheadfever said:
I think I need a little information. When I post my finds there are folks that comment on post. My question is how do I answer a specific person who has made a comment or ask a question? Do I click on Quote? Some help please. Thanks Dennis in Idaho

When you use the quote tab in the reply screen toolbox you quote everything, you can edit out a sub quote.

Or, if you want to quote a certian section or sub quote something that someone wrote without using the toolbox tab, you can use the following UBB code (ultimate bulliten board). First write this code [ quote ] without spaces, and then paste the section you want to quote. Then you have to end the quote with this code, [/quote]. No spaces after the brackets in the code, I added the spaces after the brackets so you can see the UBB quote code.

This is what a sub quote would look like using that code:
My question is how do I answer a specific person who has made a comment or ask a question? Do I click on Quote? Some help please. Thanks Dennis in Idaho.

The bold code looks like this, remember no spaced in the code:
[ b ] hi [/b]
Hi

I think all UBB codes use brackets at the begging and brackets and a forward slash at the end. You can look up UBB codes on a search engine to understand more, you can also use the toolbox on the replay sreen.

clad_badger

May 7, 2007
Lithia Fl
Detector(s) used
Whites M6 Prizm IV Mine Lab 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hello all. I am having trouble finding my old post and the replies to it. The post is $100 coin found in tot lot posted 3or 4 days ago. One page I found said that I had 14 replies but when I hit read new posts I go to a page that is ? I am unable to find my post on any page even going back a week please help as I would like to reply and say thanks for the info I did receive on my Mexican coin before I was unable to use the computer for A few days.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
clad_badger said:
hello all. I am having trouble finding my old post and the replies to it. The post is $100 coin found in tot lot posted 3or 4 days ago. One page I found said that I had 14 replies but when I hit read new posts I go to a page that is ? I am unable to find my post on any page even going back a week please help as I would like to reply and say thanks for the info I did receive on my Mexican coin before I was unable to use the computer for A few days.

At the top of the page along with profile, mail, chat, etc is two sections:

"Show unread posts since last visit" and "Show new replies to your posts"

Click on the "Show new replies to your posts". It will take you to all the pages you have posted to. Then you can choose which post you want to reply again to by clicking on that subject to the left. You then have the above mentioned options of quoting various postings or just replying to everyone in general by clicking "Reply" in the upper right and then when done click "Post" down at the bottom.
Hopefully that wasn't too confusing.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
click "ignore" below the name ;D

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
clad_badger said:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,88397.msg0.html#new

Posts around here are like sunglasses dropped overboard - they sink faster than you'd think possible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread