Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess I really don't care - who cares if they want to rummage around in the sewer?

That's a dangerous place to hunt. Several gasses that could build up down there that I'm sure are not good for your health. Not to mention they left a manhole cover open for any personal to potentially fall in.

I bet if one of these guys had died or been hurt they would have gladly sued the city.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,,
I live in NYC and got into the plumbing trade in 1966. I entered a sewer in Classon Point, in the Bronx, to try to free up a section of snake that we were using to clear a house sewer service. It was a big stand up type sewer,, close to the water. I think, where Eastchester Bay starts to run into the East River. That was the last time I went into a sewer. I was thinking ,,, rats,, alligators,, the boogey man. I was only 16 years old.
These idiots could have exposed themselves to Methane Gas and that would have been it. The Department of Environmental Protection employee who gave them access should have been terminated. The worst thing a Motorcyclist wants to come across in the road is a missing manhole cover.
These guys weren't real respectable members of this hobby. They were a couple of loose nuts on a bunch of high speed propellers.

Meucci

Aug 8, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they are willing to do that, I say let them keep what they find, if anything.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nope. You just can't make this stuff up for sure.

This whacky THing story reminds me of something someone told me a couple weeks ago. I went to this guy's house to buy an old motorcycle. The conversation turned to treasure hunting (I always try to slip this into any conversation that I have with people I meet), and he told me that he has a friend that drives to NYC every weekend and "picks" the sideways in front of clubs for gemstones. He claimed that his friend makes darn good cash money selling these precious gemstones and such that has fallen from people entering/exiting clubs. Does this sound credible to you guys?

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nope. You just can't make this stuff up for sure.

This whacky THing story reminds me of something someone told me a couple weeks ago. I went to this guy's house to buy an old motorcycle. The conversation turned to treasure hunting (I always try to slip this into any conversation that I have with people I meet), and he told me that he has a friend that drives to NYC every weekend and "picks" the sideways in front of clubs for gemstones. He claimed that his friend makes darn good cash money selling these precious gemstones and such that has fallen from people entering/exiting clubs. Does this sound credible to you guys?
I doubt it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread